ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
1. Yes
2. That varies greatly
3. Yes
4. Even if you don't physically attend your lectures do them online (more relevant when things go back to normal), that will make essay writing and revision so much easier, oh and don't piss your maintenance loan up the wall.
Eaphysics
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
All depends on your course but for sure you’ll have enough time enjoy yourself and do hobbies. Everyone is nice. I don’t know what you mean by travel whenever you want? You can only travel in holidays in you have no work. But your main motivation for uni should be your degree
Anonymous #2
Report 8 months ago
I barely had any free time, it depends on the course though and what the coursework is, the amount etc. Most people are nice but some are not including the tutors. Travel? As in go on holiday then during the breaks is best as you have a limited time (not sure how long I think a week or so) given during term time and anymore isn't allowed. If international students want to travel during term time then they need permission first.
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Do I have lots of free time to myself?

Are people nice?

Can I travel whenever I want?

What do I generally need to know?
Hi,

Free time will depend on the course, I did law and was only in for 3 half days in first year, so had loads of free time. I still had to do independent study in the free time, but I did have time to join societies and have fun.

I found the people are nice, university is also a lot less judgmental then school as most people have matured.

Do you mean travelling in term time, if so, you probably could however some universities may give marks on attendance and if you don’t attend there could be certain consequences.

Make the most of uni, get involved in societies and clubs, if possible, try and stay on top of your work, budget your money and have fun!

Zaira 😊
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hi Anonymous
University does tend to vary depending on what university and course you go to. I would recommend chatting to a student on the course your interested in and asking them about their courses, Uni, student life etc. You can chat to students at Lancaster University here : https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/chat/
From my perspective I did have some free time but it depends on how you manage your work etc and in first year there was more time as workloads increased each year. But uni students do tend to have long holidays especially the summer break. I found the people to be nice as at Lancater it felt like a community and I liked joining a society and engaging with people who had a similar interest to me. And personally university is what you make of it from my experience so do get involved with as much as you like but also factor in the work as well.
Lancaster University student ambassador Holly
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (107)
27.58%
England (132)
34.02%
Belgium (30)
7.73%
Germany (41)
10.57%
Spain (8)
2.06%