is MSc for Electrical/Electronics in uk relevant for uk industries

Watch
Wikara Gunawan
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I would like to hear any options for the MSc programs for Electrical/Electronics engineering a significant output for industry which is considerable for International Students to settle in the UK, as i haven't got any data of how many international students are working in the uk after graduation. Currently doing B. Eng in University of Glasgow in EEE. Thinking of getting an MSc would provide greater chance for working in the UK, as getting back to my country is not worth the investment. I will be happy to hear considerations of going to other countries if settlement in the uk is nearly impossible. Thanks in prior!
Helloworld_95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Why not just switch to an MEng? It will be a simpler process than applying for a separate MSc.

It's difficult to talk about settlement in the UK at the moment because the system is currently changing. In terms of other countries, from the data I've seen there is relatively little difference in terms of the proportion of people who stay after their post study work period in the UK compared to other comparable countries like France and Germany.
Wikara Gunawan
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
My case of not switching to MEng is that i’m backing up for the fact that MSc degree is more suitable for the industry in indonesia. Thank you though
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (58)
13.71%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (55)
13%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (161)
38.06%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (45)
10.64%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (82)
19.39%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (22)
5.2%

Watched Threads