My little sister is showing so many signs of autism/adhd but my parents dont care

Watch
Lilymae69
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
they shout at me when i suggest this. my sister isnt normal in any way whatsoever
Advertisement
ItsStarLordMan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I'm sorry that your parents get angry at you for mentioning it. Can I ask what sort of things make you think your sister has autism or ADHD?
Kerzen
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Lilymae69)
they shout at me when i suggest this. my sister isnt normal in any way whatsoever
An assessment for autism is one made by experienced professionals.

Do you have a background in this type of work?
Advertisement
khadijaaaxxxx
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
what makes you think she has autism or adhd?
LovelyMrFox
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Are you approaching the subject with caution or does it just look like you're being rude?
Advertisement
Lilymae69
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by ItsStarLordMan)
I'm sorry that your parents get angry at you for mentioning it. Can I ask what sort of things make you think your sister has autism or ADHD?
its hard to explain but like she screams and cries when she doesnt get her way, even in public. she still cant read and write properly. she has no friends since she finds it extremely hard to make friends (shes 7). she gets extremely shy and doesnt say anything when someone talks to her. she has anger issues. she never focuses on anything and is so careless. and many more things. even my cousins were shocked at her behaviour when they stay at our house for nearly a month and thought she had adhd
Lilymae69
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kerzen)
An assessment for autism is one made by experienced professionals.

Do you have a background in this type of work?
no but she doesnt act normal
Advertisement
Lilymae69
Rep:
?
(Original post by LovelyMrFox)
Are you approaching the subject with caution or does it just look like you're being rude?
with caution
Kerzen
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
its hard to explain but like she screams and cries when she doesnt get her way, even in public. she still cant read and write properly. she has no friends since she finds it extremely hard to make friends (shes 7). she gets extremely shy and doesnt say anything when someone talks to her. she has anger issues. she never focuses on anything and is so careless. and many more things. even my cousins were shocked at her behaviour when they stay at our house for nearly a month and thought she had adhd
What kind of school does she go to?
Advertisement
username5397146
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
get off this site and go see a doctor and a social worker/police. you have serious household problems judging by your other threads. randoms on here wont help you. goodluck!
ItsStarLordMan
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
My sister has ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorder) and some of the things you have said sound similar, such as the struggling to make friends and anger issues. I think you need to talk to someone outside of your household; maybe a doctor, teacher or social worker. It's really important that she gets help as you obviously are finding it an issue and you said your parents are getting angry at you for suggesting that something might be wrong. You could try one of the child services. For example, Childline.

I don't know if this is any help, but I hope you take someone's advice on this. Good luck!!
Advertisement
Lilymae69
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
(Original post by Kerzen)
What kind of school does she go to?
normal

(Original post by clin.edpsych)
get off this site and go see a doctor and a social worker/police. you have serious household problems judging by your other threads. randoms on here wont help you. goodluck!
ok? but thanks

(Original post by ItsStarLordMan)
My sister has ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorder) and some of the things you have said sound similar, such as the struggling to make friends and anger issues. I think you need to talk to someone outside of your household; maybe a doctor, teacher or social worker. It's really important that she gets help as you obviously are finding it an issue and you said your parents are getting angry at you for suggesting that something might be wrong. You could try one of the child services. For example, Childline.

I don't know if this is any help, but I hope you take someone's advice on this. Good luck!!
thanks!
ItsStarLordMan
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
normal

ok? but thanks

thanks!
No problem! I hope you get it sorted
Advertisement
Anonymous #1
Report 4 days ago
Hello! These can all be signs of autism/ add, but realistically she’d need to be assessed by a psychiatrist. These can be signs of general behavioural problems also, and reading and writing issues often also stem from dyslexia or dyspraxia. If her problems persist and your parents won’t listen to you, it is very likely her school will pick up on it.
Kerzen
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
The Autism Helpline at the National Autistic Association is open again today, from 10 till 3.

The number is 0808 800 4104.

You should give them a call.

https://www.autism.org.uk/what-we-do...pport/helpline
Lilymae69
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hello! These can all be signs of autism/ add, but realistically she’d need to be assessed by a psychiatrist. These can be signs of general behavioural problems also, and reading and writing issues often also stem from dyslexia or dyspraxia. If her problems persist and your parents won’t listen to you, it is very likely her school will pick up on it.
thank u
KochanieSzalona
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
ADHD is a fraud. Its just a creation of big pharma in order to manufacture more drugs.
Advertisement
Lilymae69
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 days ago
(Original post by KochanieSzalona)
ADHD is a fraud. Its just a creation of big pharma in order to manufacture more drugs.
what?
KochanieSzalona
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
what?
Its to recent a disorder to have any credibility. These disorders require hundreds of years rather than 50 to become established as in conventional Autism. Its all politically driven psychology created in order to establish a victim cult. Most western kids just need to go back to traditional education and parenting styles rather than medication and all the other *******s.
Stephaniesays98
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by KochanieSzalona)
Its to recent a disorder to have any credibility. These disorders require hundreds of years rather than 50 to become established as in conventional Autism. Its all politically driven psychology created in order to establish a victim cult. Most western kids just need to go back to traditional education and parenting styles rather than medication and all the other *******s.
Oh right where are you getting this info?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (38)
13.62%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (39)
13.98%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (95)
34.05%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (29)
10.39%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (64)
22.94%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (14)
5.02%

Watched Threads