Have your say: 7 of the strangest things that have been banned from schools

Watch
shooks
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Here's where you can post a comment about our 7 of the strangest things that have been banned from schools article.

Read the full 7 of the strangest things that have been banned from schools article and join in the discussion by posting a message below.
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
When I was in Year 7, giant gobstoppers (the type that are about 10cm in diameter) were banned. Not only had students set up a black market for them at school, but they were also unhygienic, as people would lick them for a while, and then leave them on their desks/in their bags unwrapped. :cheeky:
KelsieTaylor
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by PhoenixFortune)
When I was in Year 7, giant gobstoppers (the type that are about 10cm in diameter) were banned. Not only had students set up a black market for them at school, but they were also unhygienic, as people would lick them for a while, and then leave them on their desks/in their bags unwrapped. :cheeky:
that is gross!
I remember fidget spinners were banned in school, and any hair accessories that weren't black.
cloud_9_
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by KelsieTaylor)
that is gross!
I remember fidget spinners were banned in school, and any hair accessories that weren't black.
Yh fidget spinners were banned in my school aswell. I bet teachers were just jealous they couldn't play with it themselves aswell so decided to ban it😂😂
FRS500
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Beyblades
Joy L
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
pencil sharpeners and rubbers were banned becos people used them to do the cupsong with when the teachers confiscated our waterbottles (as we first used waterbottles to do the cupsong, however when they were confiscated we had to thibnk of alternatives ya no! :cool:)
Katzen
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Shaking hands and fist-bumping. Three reasons.

1 - It could be interpreted as aggression and start a fight. This is a case of "keep your hands to yourself" rule gone too far.
2 - It glorifies gang violence. That's silly.
3 - This was the one that made the entire assembly hall laugh, it could alienate lonely kids when they see others fist-bumping.

Edit: Just to be clear on the last one, we knew that lonely kids weren't going to feel better just because now other can't even shake hands.

And yes, we did retaliate. We started shaking hands in front of teachers AND THEY ACTUALLY GAVE US DETENTION! *shocked Pikachu face* Eventually, the policy fizzled out within 1 month and we all forgot about it the month after that.
Last edited by Katzen; 1 month ago
Other_Owl
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Consoles, yet still people brought them in.
Joy L
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Katzen)
Shaking hands and fist-bumping. Three reasons.

1 - It could be interpreted as aggression and start a fight. This is a case of "keep your hands to yourself" rule gone too far.
2 - It glorifies gang violence. That's silly.
3 - This was the one that made the entire assembly hall laugh, it could alienate lonely kids when they see others fist-bumping.
omg! :elmo:
sister of turtle
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My school banned carrying or wearing coats in the corridors or at lunchtime or breaktime because " there wasn't space in the corridors for both people and coats so it was a health and safety risk as someone might get suffocated". Coats had to stay in our lockers for the whole day even if it was literally freezing cold outside:confused:
Chopinnocturne31
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
[Q
Last edited by Chopinnocturne31; 1 month ago
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Name:  tsr2.png
Views: 28
Size:  92.0 KB
I presume there's supposed to be more to it, or am I doing something wrong?
rxyaltyx
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
anything other than water
username5177602
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Joy L)
pencil sharpeners and rubbers were banned becos people used them to do the cupsong with when the teachers confiscated our waterbottles (as we first used waterbottles to do the cupsong, however when they were confiscated we had to thibnk of alternatives ya no! :cool:)
And I thought my school was strict, wow...
nightingalegend
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
we weren’t allowed to tie our hair in buns under our hijabs because we were making the hijab a “fashion” (i went to an islamic school at one point lol) so we had to have flat heads and basically look like eggs
Last edited by nightingalegend; 1 month ago
Joy L
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by bluewolf21)
And I thought my school was strict, wow...
:grin: wht was ur school like
username5177602
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Joy L)
:grin: wht was ur school like
Any kind of physical contact whatsoever was banned. And this is pre-COVID.
username5397146
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
those straws with sugar in them that looked like cocaine and there were like 5 million packets all over the floor
Joy L
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by bluewolf21)
Any kind of physical contact whatsoever was banned. And this is pre-COVID.
omg thats crazy.!
Ra_Ar
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by shooks)
Here's where you can post a comment about our 7 of the strangest things that have been banned from schools article.

Read the full 7 of the strangest things that have been banned from schools article and join in the discussion by posting a message below.
right now we're banned from going to the toilets during break and lunch
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (53)
15.41%
I'm not sure (8)
2.33%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (121)
35.17%
I have already dropped out (6)
1.74%
I'm not a current university student (156)
45.35%

Watched Threads