The Student Room Group

Have your say: 7 of the strangest things that have been banned from schools

Scroll to see replies

Turkey Twizzlers! Only those over a certain age will get that one. :h:

Apparently there back! Bernard Matthews is selling them again as of 20th August, I'm going to source some for nostalgia.
noodle strap shirts

like how tf do shoulders turn someone on??
they got rid of selling some unhealthy food but it was weird that they choose things like crisps but kept super greesy pizzas and slush puppies
Original post by yeetouttawindow
they got rid of selling some unhealthy food but it was weird that they choose things like crisps but kept super greesy pizzas and slush puppies

omg yeeeeppp

and where i am
they even sell coffee and other cakes?? like wha?
Original post by BlackkQueen12
noodle strap shirts

like how tf do shoulders turn someone on??

That's not a strange rule. In the UK in many sixth forms you can't even wear basics such as jeans, hoodies, trainers, tracksuit bottoms, T-shirts etc. Americans need to be grateful for their dress code imo (those that don't have a uniform). I would LOVE to be able to wear Jeans, trainers and a hoodie to school.
Original post by 1st superstar
That's not a strange rule. In the UK in many sixth forms you can't even wear basics such as jeans, hoodies, trainers, tracksuit bottoms, T-shirts etc. Americans need to be grateful for their dress code imo (those that don't have a uniform). I would LOVE to be able to wear Jeans, trainers and a hoodie to school.

oof

haha makes sense lol
oof

haha makes sense lol

And school isn't meant to be a fashion runway. What I really don't understand is that if schools in America and my school were truly concerned about what people are wearing then why can't they be bothered to implement a school uniform? It's not that hard to implement. I personally believe that all schools around the world should have some form of school uniform (it doesn't have to be smart).
my old primary school banned plastic water bottles 😂
And school isn't meant to be a fashion runway. What I really don't understand is that if schools in America and my school were truly concerned about what people are wearing then why can't they be bothered to implement a school uniform? It's not that hard to implement. I personally believe that all schools around the world should have some form of school uniform (it doesn't have to be smart).

its half and half here
some schools have uniforms and some dont
its half and half here
some schools have uniforms and some dont

True but I want every school in the world to have a school uniform (at least for secondary school, middle school, upper school and high school).
True but I want every school in the world to have a school uniform (at least for secondary school, middle school, upper school and high school).

ohhh maybe for secondary school

but i believe as we get older it should be okay?
cause why buy clothes if you cant express yourself around others with fashion?
ohhh maybe for secondary school

but i believe as we get older it should be okay?
cause why buy clothes if you cant express yourself around others with fashion?

You can express yourself through your personality, school bag etc people in the UK manage to do it so why can't other countries do the same?. I am against school uniforms for Sixth form but I really think that Y7-Y11 (6th grade- 10th grade) need to have a uniform (it can even be something as simple as having a polo top with the school logo and then the rest of the uniform consists of you being able to wear whatever you want).
You can express yourself through your personality, school bag etc people in the UK manage to do it so why can't other countries do the same?. I am against school uniforms for Sixth form but I really think that Y7-Y11 (6th grade- 10th grade) need to have a uniform (it can even be something as simple as having a polo top with the school logo and then the rest of the uniform consists of you being able to wear whatever you want).

ok true

but i think it all has to do with districts as well
ok true

but i think it all has to do with districts as well

Yeah

If my school implemented a uniform policy there would be riots the very next day.
My school bans drinks other than water on the grounds that they aren't healthy but sells fizzy drinks called Susos and Appletizers that have around 20g and 26g of sugar in a 250ml can. That's opposed to 35g in a 330ml can of coke.

Spoiler

Reply 56

Im curious as to why you think 7th to 11th should but not Sixth form?
game boys and pokemon cards when I was in primary school.

Shame, they ruined the long line of boys that used to sit playing pokemon on their gameboys every lunch, it was fun. Pokemon cards were banned because parents kept complaining of them being stolen.
Reply 58
you weren't allowed to drink from your water bottle whilst the teacher was talking as it was disrespectful and showed you weren't paying attention as apparently you were putting more effort into drinking water than listening to the teacher
in primary school
-Match Attax
-Gogos
-Moshi Monster Cards
-Bratz dolls

Our uniform is strict too in secondary
- School trousers can't be too tight
-Boys can' wear black socks
-You can't tuck you jumper into your skirt

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending