nidadean
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Has anybody else applied for a pgce for September 2020 and been told there's been an issue with UCAS applications this year?
I submitted my application before the deadline, and waiting a week, checking my inbox and junk and post... Nothing. So I called and got told they didn't even see my application because they're full and UCAS has had a technical issue where they didn't update their system?
Has anybody experienced this? And has anybody managed to get themselves on a pgce course in the last week for this September start?
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by nidadean)
Has anybody else applied for a pgce for September 2020 and been told there's been an issue with UCAS applications this year?
I submitted my application before the deadline, and waiting a week, checking my inbox and junk and post... Nothing. So I called and got told they didn't even see my application because they're full and UCAS has had a technical issue where they didn't update their system?
Has anybody experienced this? And has anybody managed to get themselves on a pgce course in the last week for this September start?
I think at this stage it's very unlikely you will get onto a PGCE course for 2020. Unis will have limited space this year due to schools not being able to offer placements, or offering less placements than usual.

You would also need to get a health form/DBS done before placements start, which could be tight depending on the ITT provider.

It's a shame this has happened, but I would contact providers directly before applying at this late stage to check they are still accepting applicants.
El.Capitán
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by nidadean)
I sent my application off on UTT in August but it took until the day of the deadline for my final reference to get back, so UCAS officially sent my application off on the day (which I assume would be the same as you?), as UCAS hold applications until your references come back.

I got rejections for various reasons e.g. courses full, for Apply 1, so for Apply 2* I sent my application to another university individually and got a response a couple of days later - an invitation to interview for the 16th(!) for a September 2020 start. I am not entirely sure how it will work myself given we are already halfway through September, still need to get the DBS, assuming I am successful, and move a hundred odd miles away to the university, but we will see how things go after this interview...

*Apply 2 is the second round of applications. This is kind of like "clearing" except rather than call universities to accept you over the phone, you use UCAS Track to click on one of your choices, then click "change choice", and then it will be like UTT where you select the university from the list and then the availabile course of your choice. Apply 2 has a later deadline I believe, ending on 20th September 2020 (so no new applications can be sent after that). I think the application cycle completely ends on 3rd October, meaning that you will have needed to be interviewed and accepted your place by then, if I am not mistaken.

Best of luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (63)
21.58%
No (229)
78.42%

Watched Threads