pancakesbob7
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Good Afternoon, I'm going into year 13 this year. I'm getting quite anxious about an upcoming test (5th Oct) where I only have just over 3 weeks to revise - I didn't have time over the Summer to go through year 1 notes as advised because I was revising for UCAT the whole time! I'm not sure how to go about planning and doing revision on top of UCAS applications (I'm an early applicant).

My grades were going downhill last year so I have small chance of getting a good grade for this test. Does anyone have any advice on prioritising tasks and most importantly of all, revising biology? I use anki flashcards but they're so time consuming and exam questions (to be fair, I'm a bit lazy and don't do much of them anymore). How do you guys use mindmaps to revise?

Thank you so much in advance!!!

RedNot
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If you are going into yr13 this year you shouldn't have any exams in October. The only exams currently going on in October are for last years students who want to retake their tests as they weren't able to a few months ago.
pancakesbob7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by RedNot)
If you are going into yr13 this year you shouldn't have any exams in October. The only exams currently going on in October are for last years students who want to retake their tests as they weren't able to a few months ago.
We have departmental test to check our progress throughout the year
RedNot
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by pancakesbob7)
We have departmental test to check our progress throughout the year
Oh dear. Well it depends on what type of learner you are, if you do well with quizzes there should be plenty of those online. Mindmaps aren't helpful unless you remember through writing your ideas down. Have you got an idea of the certain topics you need to know?
pancakesbob7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by RedNot)
Oh dear. Well it depends on what type of learner you are, if you do well with quizzes there should be plenty of those online. Mindmaps aren't helpful unless you remember through writing your ideas down. Have you got an idea of the certain topics you need to know?
Yes, everything since the start of last year, including the topics we covered during lockdown!
RedNot
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by pancakesbob7)
Yes, everything since the start of last year, including the topics we covered during lockdown!
With something as broad as that, I think the best you can do is some varied previous papers for practice.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (0)
0%
No (10)
100%

Watched Threads