Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi i'm 19 and looking at getting braces.

Just wondering on the price it will cost, and if the NHS will reimburse any of the payment? Also wondering if there are any discreet options and how long the treatment lasts on average.

Finally, when getting the teeth out to make room for wisdom teeth, do dentists use general or local anaesthetic.

Cheers
Sam.T.
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Braces are around £2,000, but you can get them free if you get referred by an NHS Dentist

Time does depend but on average about 18 months (I’ve had mine on for about 20 months so far)
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Sam.T.)
Braces are around £2,000, but you can get them free if you get referred by an NHS Dentist

Time does depend but on average about 18 months (I’ve had mine on for about 20 months so far)
If i'm over 18 can I still be referred by an NHS dentist? Also is there any rolling costs for maintenance, or just the initial one-off fee?
Sam.T.
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I think you still can get braces over 18, as long as it’s for health-related reasons and not cosmetic

In terms of fees, there will likely be different payment plans depending on the dentist
Xarao
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
You will most likely need to pay. Why didn't you get it earlier?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Sam.T.)
I think you still can get braces over 18, as long as it’s for health-related reasons and not cosmetic

In terms of fees, there will likely be different payment plans depending on the dentist
Much appreciate the help mate.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Xarao)
You will most likely need to pay. Why didn't you get it earlier?
Dentist is a very big fear of mine, runs in my family for some reason. Finally realising I want decent teeth so face the fear innit
Xarao
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Dentist is a very big fear of mine, runs in my family for some reason. Finally realising I want decent teeth so face the fear innit
That's completely fine, but now you'll have to scrape up around 2 grand for it.

Regardless, hope it goes well though.
Anonymous #1
Been saving with this in mind -
Thank you, appreciate it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (126)
28.38%
No - I have already returned home (58)
13.06%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (87)
19.59%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (41)
9.23%
No - I live at home during term anyway (132)
29.73%

Watched Threads