The Student Room Group

Coming off the pill

I started going on the pill for contraception as I got in a relationship and have been on Microgyn for nearly two months now. However I’ve just recently broke up with my boyfriend so am considering coming off it as there isn’t really much point of being on it right now. I’ve got about a week left till I get to the end of the pack so should I wait till then to stop taking it or will it be fine to stop taking it now

Also would there be any side effects?
Original post by Anonymous
I started going on the pill for contraception as I got in a relationship and have been on Microgyn for nearly two months now. However I’ve just recently broke up with my boyfriend so am considering coming off it as there isn’t really much point of being on it right now. I’ve got about a week left till I get to the end of the pack so should I wait till then to stop taking it or will it be fine to stop taking it now

I would suggest staying on it as you body has been building up protection and getting use of the pill now as it takes about 2 - 3 months for your body to adjust to it and almost same amount of time to when you stop it.

But your choice of course okay.

You can stop immediately if you want to as don't need to finish the pack you on ok.
Side effects can be '- mood changes, gain weight, acne, unwanted hair growth,
Heavier periods, cramping during ovulation..

Any issues then speak to your doctor ok .
Original post by Anonymous

Hey!
Have you experienced any mood swings when going on the pill ? Any side effects while you were on it ?

Quick Reply

Latest