Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello! I was wondering if any of you had been on any SJT courses? Which ones would you recommend?

I didn't really give them consideration before but the format has really changed and there is a new section Won't be going abroad for elective so saving cash on that which I could spend on this aha!

I'm considering Emedica, sjtpreparation or medset! Do any of you have experience of these?

Thank in advance!
iceman_jondoe
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
A lot of these “courses” play on people’s fears and take their money..if i were you i would take that money and spend a small amount on a question website passmed or similar.
Democracy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Waste of money imho. Do practice questions and read any official mark schemes.
nexttime
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Agree most likely just useless. If you have so much money you really don't care then you could I suppose. Otherwise nah.
Lightsparkles
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Really wouldn't recommend paid SJT courses as ultimately, the best resources will come from GMC guidelines and your own reasoning. If this is SJT for FPAS, I would recommend doing the official questions and printing them out, then going through the explanations either by yourself or with a friend. Good luck!
Barkleysmints
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Don’t bother. They’re pretty much snake oil made up by people to rip off medical students.

I had to re-do 5th year for medical reasons and took SJT both times. So I’ve had a good experience of the exam. No courses would’ve helped me. The biggest influence on me scoring higher in the second year was being much calmer and relaxed second time around.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (173)
14.53%
I'm not sure (55)
4.62%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (348)
29.22%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.94%
I'm not a current university student (580)
48.7%

Watched Threads