We’re are going to London in a 1.0 Fiesta which we know nothing about?

Watch
Nuffles
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by boulderingislife)
You’ll be fine. Just don’t overwork the engine. By that I mean don’t be a boy racer and go easy on the accelerator, stick to the slow lane, and don’t weave in and out of traffic too much.
Why go easy on it? As long as it's not a total shed then it'll be fine to run it up to redline when accelerating.
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Any car made this century - so long as it has been properly maintained - should be fine. Where have you got it from? Are you hiring it? Does it belong to a friend? Make sure it's up to date with service and MOTs, check the tyres, oil and washer fluid, and you're good to go.
Rufus the red
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
If your ford doesn't look like this you should be fine.

Spoiler:
Show
Name:  ford edsel.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  23.6 KB
Joinedup
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
When they first made motorways in Britain there were still come car models on the roads that literally couldn't cope with going at constant motorway speed... but that was over 50 years ago... and even then it wasn't even all old cars.

Main thing if you're taking several people on a long trip IMO is not to get distracted by talking to them or showing off and having a crash.
remember to take breaks so you don't get driver fatigue.
boulderingislife
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Nuffles)
Why go easy on it? As long as it's not a total shed then it'll be fine to run it up to redline when accelerating.
Well if I didn’t know about the condition or power of a car I would go easy on it, so that is what I advised the OP. It’s common sense really.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (64)
21.77%
No (230)
78.23%

Watched Threads