Which online A level provider should I go with?

Watch this thread
bobfish11
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Which online A level provider should I go with? I'm looking to do online A level further maths and maths.
IQuitTSR
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Honestly, I recommend buying the set textbooks and work through them rather than using an expensive online provider (they are not very good thus not worth your money). You can also use resources (look them up on google) such as examsolutions, physics and maths tutor, madasmaths, and others that you may find . Check out YouTube videos too.

make sure to do lots of past papers in year 13 (and year 12 too if you'll do AS).
bobfish11
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by IQuitTSR)
Honestly, I recommend buying the set textbooks and work through them rather than using an expensive online provider (they are not very good thus not worth your money). You can also use resources (look them up on google) such as examsolutions, physics and maths tutor, madasmaths, and others that you may find . Check out YouTube videos too.

make sure to do lots of past papers in year 13 (and year 12 too if you'll do AS).
Ok you know what I think I'm going to do this. The online prvoiders seem like money grabbers and I've been getting a series of confusing calls from the open study college. One minute I can get my "predicted grades whenever I choose" the next minute "I have to do 50% of the course to get predicted grade". One minute I can "enroll on further maths straight away" the next minute "the course doesnt start until the 30/01/2021 but I can choose the £835 option (2x the normal price) if i want the course right now". So yeah im going to do this then.
IQuitTSR
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by bobfish11)
Ok you know what I think I'm going to do this. The online prvoiders seem like money grabbers and I've been getting a series of confusing calls from the open study college. One minute I can get my "predicted grades whenever I choose" the next minute "I have to do 50% of the course to get predicted grade". One minute I can "enroll on further maths straight away" the next minute "the course doesnt start until the 30/01/2021 but I can choose the £835 option (2x the normal price) if i want the course right now". So yeah im going to do this then.
Also, if you have any questions during your studies, you can ask them here on TSR and users will answer/help you.

There is also this website called https://www.cleanslateeducation.co.uk/ that is pretty neat. It is still very new so doesn't have much yet but it aims to have notes for all A level math and further math topics soon. You can also post your solutions to A level (and other exams) questions there.
Last edited by IQuitTSR; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (274)
42.09%
The paper was reasonable (269)
41.32%
Not feeling great about that exam... (60)
9.22%
It was TERRIBLE (48)
7.37%

Watched Threads