Is the open study college good?

Watch
bobfish11
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I am very close to enrolling with the open study college on further maths & maths but the only thing that is worrying me is the services who called me from the open study college seem prevelent on me giving them my details over the phone & enrolling with them instead of online & through the website, when asked I got the response that it would be cheaper but I imagine this is just a ploy in where they take £20 off the total cost, so they can then get me to enrol with them where they will then earn a commision. Also they seem to have a never ending "on sale" A level courses. All these small ploys are putting me off. Could someone explain their experience with the open study college and if it safe spending £850 to enrol with them. Thanks.
elliemc24
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I imagine for maths you would be fine.
Ive found it very stressful studying English Literature, partially due to questions about coursework provisions not being answered and partially due to exam booking stress. With maths / further maths you should be fine as there is no coursework involved and so booking your exams should be straightforward.

TBH, you could probably teach yourself maths/further maths from the textbooks, depending how good you are at that sort of stuff.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (18)
8.74%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (125)
60.68%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (30)
14.56%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (29)
14.08%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (4)
1.94%

Watched Threads