The Student Room Group

Education/future

Hello guys I’m 18 years old when I did my GCSEs at 16 I mostly got a grade 3 in everything and had to resist a year.so when I got to my new college I had to leave due to the college being racist towards me because of my Pakistani heritage and not offering me the support.So this year on results day I only got results for my Maths and English which I was predicted a 4 in (C) I thought maybe this was enough to do some A levels and so on however the colleges said I need a few more GCSEs to do a level 3 programme I was thinking of maybe doing a access course But you have to be 19 for that.So this year I will be doing a GCSE programme with the aim of getting you 5 GCSES these will double science, psychology,Maths and English.I was advised that I should do Maths and English again as I could improve on those grades and to be honest I agree as I believe if I sat the exams it would have been much better.So my question is if I get my 5 GCSES maybe 6 cause I am planning on to do GCSE History as a private candidate and god willing I get 6 GCSEs.And then go on to do a access course and do really well in that can I go to a decent uni preferably a Russel group.i want to prove the racist British people who were against me wrong and make my country Pakistan and my family proud.
(edited 3 years ago)
You’ll probably need at least 8 GCSEs for a Russell group uni and A’s at a level in strong subjects. With your current grades it’s quite unrealistic to getting into a Russell group but if you work hard you can still get into a decent uni
Original post by Eaphysics
You’ll probably need at least 8 GCSEs for a Russell group uni and A’s at a level in strong subjects. With your current grades it’s quite unrealistic to getting into a Russell group but if you work hard you can still get into a decent uni

I looked at the university requirements for the uni I want to go to mate and they said they need a grade 5 in maths and English I reckon I’d get a 5 or more in English easy as it’s one of my strong subjects it’s just maths I’m a bit worried about as it’s not my strongest subject.I'm just gonna have to work extremely hard and revise for a good few hours every week and increase that as exams come closer also maybe even need to bring a tutor to help me with my weak topics in maths which is like geometry and algebra and so on I desperately need that grade 5 in maths I’m gonna have to work extremely hard and prove the British people wrong.
Is a 5 equivalent to a C? Fair they’ll probably still expect more GCSEs. What uni are you thinking of going too and what course?
Is a 5 equivalent to a C? Fair they’ll probably still expect more GCSEs. What uni are you thinking of going too and what course?

Hello mate a 5 is equivalent to a B and a 4 is equivalent to a C I want to do accounting and I’d love to go to Leeds or Sheffield
You’ll need about 3 A’s at A level minimum AAB including maths and two other strong subjects. It can be done but you’ll have you work extremely hard. If you’re not getting A’s at gcse it’s pretty unrealistic to get A’s at A level. Gcse is very easy compared to A level. But again if you really work hard it can be possible
You’ll need about 3 A’s at A level minimum AAB including maths and two other strong subjects. It can be done but you’ll have you work extremely hard. If you’re not getting A’s at gcse it’s pretty unrealistic to get A’s at A level. Gcse is very easy compared to A level. But again if you really work hard it can be possible

What about access courses that also can get you into a decent uni can’t it I want to do a access course in the future
I’m not too familiar with access course but there’s plenty of top unis that offer foundation years. It’s an extra year at the beginning of the course to prepare you for the course and then you continue as normal the next year. Depends what are your plans after gcse?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending