how to flirt with my crush (16)

Watch
Anonymous #5
Report 1 week ago
Instead of all these drama and trouble just directly ask him out. If he likes you he will go out and if he don't you got nothing to lose. If you scared of asking him out directly, use the old method of writing on a paper. And if you keep doing this little things to impress him, trust me you are just wasting your time on a guy who doesn't likes you on the first place. And at teenage age, all a guy think is pretty face and sex. They dont care about your personalities or those little things you do.
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
ignore anon #4, if you want to ask the guy out then do so. nothing stopping you.
Anonymous #4
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by absolutelysprout)
ignore anon #4, if you want to ask the guy out then do so. nothing stopping you.
Jesus people don’t like someone actually putting in thought out advice. Sorry Anon1
Anonymous #5
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Jesus people don’t like someone actually putting in thought out advice. Sorry Anon1
To me it didn't felt like an advice, rather it felt like you are teaching a 16 year old how to be an *******, drama queen and slut.
Scottishlad888
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Before you insult me, try to correct your grammar. Thanks.
is that all you can say Anonymous its all non fiction l have nothing to correct stop throwing you toys out of the pram have a nice day
Anonymous #4
Report 1 week ago
To me it didn't felt like an advice, rather it felt like you are teaching a 16 year old how to be an *******, drama queen and slut.
No this is what most women do, no need to get defensive
Anonymous #4
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Scottishlad888)
is that all you can say Anonymous its all non fiction l have nothing to correct stop throwing you toys out of the pram have a nice day
I can't even tell if you are a troll or just autistic. "Scottishlad" complete simp
Scottishlad888
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I can't even tell if you are a troll or just autistic. "Scottishlad" complete simp
Why you hide behind Anonymous you are the one thats the troll not me you have big time mental health problems go on admit it on TSR you are needing to take your pills it must be so sad for you everyday when you wake up cant even look after yourself mummy still doing everything for you washing/cooking/feeding you my heart bleeds for you very sad soul
Anonymous #8
Report 1 week ago
Hi guys, thanks for reading this thread

I've just joined sixth form and I have a crush on this guy who is in my year.
I only met him two weeks ago but his smile and personality are sooo cute!

I want to flirt with him and hopefully get him to ask me out for lunch or something, but he is a bit immature (not in a bad way, he's definitely polite and everything but a bit childish if y'all know what I mean? He likes teasing his friends and stuff like that) and I feel like it will take a lot for him to do it.

MAYBE I should ask him out for lunch or after school, but so far I've been making the first moves so I kinda want to make sure I'm not overdoing it.
Right now we are sort of friends (?) as in, we walk to/from lessons together, do small talk and say hi if we're passing by each other.

Any advice would be hugely appreciated !
Omg that is soooo cute! Sorry I cannot help you, but do you mind giving me small updates and where everything is going because I feel like I know what both of you are like, and I know for sure you guys will be adorableeeee. haha sorry xxxx
Anonymous #4
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Scottishlad888)
Why you hide behind Anonymous you are the one thats the troll not me you have big time mental health problems go on admit it on TSR you are needing to take your pills it must be so sad for you everyday when you wake up cant even look after yourself mummy still doing everything for you washing/cooking/feeding you my heart bleeds for you very sad soul
😂🤣
Vanessa Peace
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Wow, everything has got ugly quick. I don't know why people would take a beatiful, cute topic and turn it into an ugly name calling war zone. Like setiously, from crush to slut. 🤪🧐😭
Anonymous #4
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Vanessa Peace)
Wow, everything has got ugly quick. I don't know why people would take a beatiful, cute topic and turn it into an ugly name calling war zone. Like setiously, from crush to slut. 🤪🧐😭
I apologise for me baiting this stuff. Let’s just move on with crushes and stop insulting each other
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Heya, thx everyone for all the new advice since I came last time <3
It's totally natural that there would be split opinions on issues like this, and I'm glad to hear both sides!
So today I sat with my crush and his group at the common room XD
I'm so happy that I'm slowly making progress and getting closer to my crush , meanwhile I'm kinda annoyed at myself cos I couldn't say anything interesting I hope I can redeem myself in the close future, though!! (can't wait for next maths lesson)
By the way, I can go up to my crush at the common room if he's sitting with boys and girls, but not if it's just boys there...
Does it make sense to bring my girl friends with me and sit with his friends, or should I be able to go up alone?!
Anonymous #3
Report 1 week ago
It's totally natural that there would be split opinions on issues like this, and I'm glad to hear both sides!
I'm so happy that I'm slowly making progress and getting closer to my crush , meanwhile I'm kinda annoyed at myself cos I couldn't say anything interesting I hope I can redeem myself in the close future, though!! (can't wait for next maths lesson)
By the way, I can go up to my crush at the common room if he's sitting with boys and girls, but not if it's just boys there...
Does it make sense to bring my girl friends with me and sit with his friends, or should I be able to go up alone?!
personally I would say don't go alone because you might look desperate- take it slowww and just get to know each other first
because if you're going to be in the same class for 2 years you want to be on good terms haha
Anonymous #4
Report 1 week ago
Time for lots of advice again

Although this isn't too important, I would advise going with your friends and then trying to talk to him on your own once a conversation gets going. Ideally though, you want to get him into a habit of coming to you. Try to organise something where either your group goes to the common room every lunch like his does, or even better try to get his group to come to yours. Talk to him in maths tomorrow about this if you think you can pull it off, although if not that's fine too. If you're stuck for conversation topics, always ask about him. People love talking about themselves, and it shows your crush that you're at least interested in him as a person. Be prepared if he asks about you back though. A classic tactic people use for raising their self-esteem is to fish for compliments by talking about how badly they did in something like maths (when they did well). This works particularly well on shy, nerdy guys (like your crush) who will generally want to share their nerdy thoughts and hence allows them to open up. As for body language, apart from the watch tactic I talked about last time, if you have a necklace then play with it when you talk to him. This is very effective, as it sends a possible but not over-the-top flirtation, and will leave him wondering about whether he flirted with you (which will hopefully lead to him becoming obsessed). Another watch tactic is to have it face him when he's talking to you by tucking your bent hand underneath your chin and having the dial directly face him. This is another great possible but not over-the-top flirtation. Another watch trick is to cross your arms, and then look down as you are talking to him (as a way of saying "were you looking at my watch, or something else!") Fiddling with rings can also be a good one to get started off with. I appreciate these are details, but they can really help! Another tip I have is to maintain eye contact when you talk whilst opening your mouth slightly and occasionally "uh-huh"ing to show approval. This is generally a good turn on for guy, and if he subconsciously mimics you by opening his mouth or by making vague grunts of approval (this does work!), then it's a good sign that he likes you. An actually important thing is to try to get him to ask you out by making it convenient for him to do so, as to avoid any nerves he might have. One way to pull this off is after class (if maths is before lunch) or just in general, ask him if he's going to the common room (he probably will be), and then mention that your friends might be there later. Not only does this make you seem more valuable since you're less available, but it could also get you and him into the pattern of going to the common room since he might ask you later as it will seem less of a thing, where you can really start to charm the pants off him! I think you should honestly try these out one at a time, starting with talking about him, since it keeps the dialogue moving which is the most important thing (although HE should be doing the talking). Did the watch trick or any others from last time help? Thanks for making it this far, it's actually really fun to see help people with this sort of stuff, and it's also interesting to see where it goes
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Time for lots of advice again

Although this isn't too important, I would advise going with your friends and then trying to talk to him on your own once a conversation gets going. Ideally though, you want to get him into a habit of coming to you. Try to organise something where either your group goes to the common room every lunch like his does, or even better try to get his group to come to yours. Talk to him in maths tomorrow about this if you think you can pull it off, although if not that's fine too. If you're stuck for conversation topics, always ask about him. People love talking about themselves, and it shows your crush that you're at least interested in him as a person. Be prepared if he asks about you back though. A classic tactic people use for raising their self-esteem is to fish for compliments by talking about how badly they did in something like maths (when they did well). This works particularly well on shy, nerdy guys (like your crush) who will generally want to share their nerdy thoughts and hence allows them to open up. As for body language, apart from the watch tactic I talked about last time, if you have a necklace then play with it when you talk to him. This is very effective, as it sends a possible but not over-the-top flirtation, and will leave him wondering about whether he flirted with you (which will hopefully lead to him becoming obsessed). Another watch tactic is to have it face him when he's talking to you by tucking your bent hand underneath your chin and having the dial directly face him. This is another great possible but not over-the-top flirtation. Another watch trick is to cross your arms, and then look down as you are talking to him (as a way of saying "were you looking at my watch, or something else!") Fiddling with rings can also be a good one to get started off with. I appreciate these are details, but they can really help! Another tip I have is to maintain eye contact when you talk whilst opening your mouth slightly and occasionally "uh-huh"ing to show approval. This is generally a good turn on for guy, and if he subconsciously mimics you by opening his mouth or by making vague grunts of approval (this does work!), then it's a good sign that he likes you. An actually important thing is to try to get him to ask you out by making it convenient for him to do so, as to avoid any nerves he might have. One way to pull this off is after class (if maths is before lunch) or just in general, ask him if he's going to the common room (he probably will be), and then mention that your friends might be there later. Not only does this make you seem more valuable since you're less available, but it could also get you and him into the pattern of going to the common room since he might ask you later as it will seem less of a thing, where you can really start to charm the pants off him! I think you should honestly try these out one at a time, starting with talking about him, since it keeps the dialogue moving which is the most important thing (although HE should be doing the talking). Did the watch trick or any others from last time help? Thanks for making it this far, it's actually really fun to see help people with this sort of stuff, and it's also interesting to see where it goes
Thanks for the advice again
I haven't done the fiddling w jewellery thing, but I've been trying out some of your tips (approaching him a lot on some days and not others randomly, looking at him during class etc) Idrk if it's working yet, cos it's only been 2 days hahaha
I will defo try the tip you said about asking a lot about him, maybe at maths on Monday!
Today I talked with him quite a lot before and during maths, but honestly, I'm noticing myself getting too "into" my crush if y'all get what I mean. My heart ached whenever I saw him talking to another girl, even though I talk to other boys all the time. Literally my friendship group has the hottest guys in the school... they're not my type tho. But yeah, I think I'm spending too much time thinking about him and that's kinda distracting me from my studies and friendships and other things I should really be focusing on and giving time to reconsider, so I might take a short break. I am so tired from being new to the a-level workload, sixth form routine, having frees, making new friends, figuring out who to be friends with, which clubs and societies to sign up for, everything. My plan (lmao) to get over this is to take some good rest on the weekend, maybe yoga and some baking, and for the first half of next week focus on other aspects of school. Sorry that y'all on tsr probably won't get exciting updates in the meantime, but I hope you'll bear with me
Anonymous #4
Report 1 week ago
Thanks for the advice again
I haven't done the fiddling w jewellery thing, but I've been trying out some of your tips (approaching him a lot on some days and not others randomly, looking at him during class etc) Idrk if it's working yet, cos it's only been 2 days hahaha
I will defo try the tip you said about asking a lot about him, maybe at maths on Monday!
Today I talked with him quite a lot before and during maths, but honestly, I'm noticing myself getting too "into" my crush if y'all get what I mean. My heart ached whenever I saw him talking to another girl, even though I talk to other boys all the time. Literally my friendship group has the hottest guys in the school... they're not my type tho. But yeah, I think I'm spending too much time thinking about him and that's kinda distracting me from my studies and friendships and other things I should really be focusing on and giving time to reconsider, so I might take a short break. I am so tired from being new to the a-level workload, sixth form routine, having frees, making new friends, figuring out who to be friends with, which clubs and societies to sign up for, everything. My plan (lmao) to get over this is to take some good rest on the weekend, maybe yoga and some baking, and for the first half of next week focus on other aspects of school. Sorry that y'all on tsr probably won't get exciting updates in the meantime, but I hope you'll bear with me
You’re right about becoming too obsessed with someone you don’t know even likes you. I would genuinely not care what happens either way unless you are actually flirting with him. Not only will this save you time and heartbreak, but it also helps you become more confident (which guys like). Try to learn flirtation and then apply it whenever you want instead of making some overcomplicated plan that won’t reflect reality. Unsurprisingly A Levels are actually pretty hard, so a two in one for this would be to ask your crush what he got for an easy question in maths. This way he will reply back, also raising the chance he will ask you about questions, but I’m getting off point. Try asking about him and keep up being randomly into him and then not, since I have so many points there you can’t use them all at the same time. Another niche body language tip that came to mind is to always face him when talking (hopefully he will mimic back), as this shows interest. Another general thing that comes back to not caring as much is to test your tricks (discreetly so you don’t get made fun of) on low tier guys, just for practise. I know this is some Mean Girls stuff, but it helps knowing the score before you attempt to get the guy you actually care about. Another tip on looking at him in class is to look at him so his eyes run into yours, and then hold it there with a blank face and an open mouth (hopefully he will mimic this). It depends where he sits though. Is he across, in front or behind? If he’s right next to you don’t look since that’s awkward. If he’s in front then you’ll have to wait for him. If he’s behind this is risky since people might see you and it clearly shows your intentions, which you might not want. Across is ideal as long as no one in your row sees. I recommend putting your hand on your chin when you do it, although a flick of the head is fine too. Ideally the man should pull his eyes away first, but break contact first sometimes just to avoid being too easy. I think leaving this for a couple of days is a good choice tbh, but post back next week anyways since I really enjoy this thread
cloud_9_
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You’re right about becoming too obsessed with someone you don’t know even likes you. I would genuinely not care what happens either way unless you are actually flirting with him. Not only will this save you time and heartbreak, but it also helps you become more confident (which guys like). Try to learn flirtation and then apply it whenever you want instead of making some overcomplicated plan that won’t reflect reality. Unsurprisingly A Levels are actually pretty hard, so a two in one for this would be to ask your crush what he got for an easy question in maths. This way he will reply back, also raising the chance he will ask you about questions, but I’m getting off point. Try asking about him and keep up being randomly into him and then not, since I have so many points there you can’t use them all at the same time. Another niche body language tip that came to mind is to always face him when talking (hopefully he will mimic back), as this shows interest. Another general thing that comes back to not caring as much is to test your tricks (discreetly so you don’t get made fun of) on low tier guys, just for practise. I know this is some Mean Girls stuff, but it helps knowing the score before you attempt to get the guy you actually care about. Another tip on looking at him in class is to look at him so his eyes run into yours, and then hold it there with a blank face and an open mouth (hopefully he will mimic this). It depends where he sits though. Is he across, in front or behind? If he’s right next to you don’t look since that’s awkward. If he’s in front then you’ll have to wait for him. If he’s behind this is risky since people might see you and it clearly shows your intentions, which you might not want. Across is ideal as long as no one in your row sees. I recommend putting your hand on your chin when you do it, although a flick of the head is fine too. Ideally the man should pull his eyes away first, but break contact first sometimes just to avoid being too easy. I think leaving this for a couple of days is a good choice tbh, but post back next week anyways since I really enjoy this thread
How many guys have u won over with all those techniques cos u seem to know a lot of stuff in a lot of detail
Anonymous #4
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by cloud_9_)
How many guys have u won over with all those techniques cos u seem to know a lot of stuff in a lot of detail
As I said earlier, I am a (straight) guy. A lot of women won me over with these techniques, and tbh some of them are basic (like asking your crush about themselves). I told OP in my first post that she was going through her infatuation phase (which she told me later she is), so I’m just trying to get her skilled enough so she gets more out of it
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
sorry i've been quiet!
updates >> i've decided to focus more on friends and work, and have got to know many more boys and girls who are so sweet
But weirdly, my crush started to talk to me more now - asking me a lot of personal questions too.

Maths isn't easy but I look forward to every lesson
By the way, how do all the "popular" girls have perfect hair? Is there a specific thing they do?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (72)
21.62%
No (261)
78.38%

Watched Threads