Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Following the trend!
    Stereotypes...

True or false?

You have a vinyl table cloth on your kitchen table.

Your stove is covered with aluminum foil.

You use the dishwasher as a dish rack.

You eat all meals in the kitchen.

You use grocery bags to hold garbage.

You always leave your shoes at the door.
    You twirl your pen around your fingers.

You don't own any real Tupperware -- only a cupboard full of used but carefully rinsed margarine tubs, takeout containers, and jam jars.

The condiments in your fridge are either Price Club sized or come in plastic packets, which you save/steal every time you get take out or go to McDonald's.

Ditto for paper napkins.
    You like congee with thousand year old eggs.

You never call your parents just to say hi.

If you don't live at home, when your parents call, they ask if you've eaten rice, even if it's midnight.

You never order sweet-n-sour pork, egg foo young, or chop suey at a Chinese restaurant.

You like to eat chicken feet.

You turn bright red after drinking two tablespoons of beer.

Your folks never speak under 10 decibels at family gatherings.

You know what the term "lemon" or a "banana" means.

You know what this means: hem ga chan.

If you answered more true than false, then apparently you're Chinese...

Ah, I'm not Chinese. Nothing like an internet quiz to tell you what you already know...

Future suggestions:
    How female are you?
    How French are you?
    How much like a monkey are you?
    How dead are you?
    How pissed are you?

Really, I should start at least one.

ReputationRep:
    Ha ha, yes...
    Great, aren't they?

ReputationRep:
    I only answered true to a couple of those...so i guess i'm not Chinese...

...but wait...I am Chinese! :confused:

I only answered true to a couple of those...so i guess i'm not Chinese...

...but wait...I am Chinese!
    *Sigh* If only we could find a way of making these tests scientific...

Then, and only then, could we tell who's Chinese and who isn't...

ReputationRep:
    You have a vinyl table cloth on your kitchen table. False

Your stove is covered with aluminum foil. False

You use the dishwasher as a dish rack. True

You eat all meals in the kitchen. False

You use grocery bags to hold garbage. True

You always leave your shoes at the door. False

You twirl your pen around your fingers. False

You don't own any real Tupperware -- only a cupboard full of used but carefully rinsed margarine tubs, takeout containers, and jam jars. False

The condiments in your fridge are either Price Club sized or come in plastic packets, which you save/steal every time you get take out or go to McDonald's. False.

Ditto for paper napkins. False.

You like congee with thousand year old eggs. False.

You never call your parents just to say hi. False.

If you don't live at home, when your parents call, they ask if you've eaten rice, even if it's midnight. False.

You never order sweet-n-sour pork, egg foo young, or chop suey at a Chinese restaurant. False.

You like to eat chicken feet. False.

You turn bright red after drinking two tablespoons of beer. False.

Your folks never speak under 10 decibels at family gatherings. True.

You know what the term "lemon" or a "banana" means. True?

You know what this means: hem ga chan. False.

ReputationRep:
    ok these threads are getting out of hand ppl!

ReputationRep:
    hem ga chan...I can't find any of those words in my chinese dictionary. The closests words are hen ge chen, but I don't know what that means, other than hen = very.

ReputationRep:
    Following the trend!
    Stereotypes...

True or false?

You have a vinyl table cloth on your kitchen table.
    nope
    Your stove is covered with aluminum foil.
    nope
    You use the dishwasher as a dish rack.
    nope
    You eat all meals in the kitchen.
    yep
    You use grocery bags to hold garbage.
    yep
    You always leave your shoes at the door.
    nope
    You twirl your pen around your fingers.
    nope
    You don't own any real Tupperware -- only a cupboard full of used but carefully rinsed margarine tubs, takeout containers, and jam jars.
    well we have both
    The condiments in your fridge are either Price Club sized or come in plastic packets, which you save/steal every time you get take out or go to McDonald's.
    nope
    Ditto for paper napkins.
    no,napkins rocks
    You like congee with thousand year old eggs.
    nope
    You never call your parents just to say hi.
    well we live togather
    If you don't live at home, when your parents call, they ask if you've eaten rice, even if it's midnight.
    nope
    You never order sweet-n-sour pork, egg foo young, or chop suey at a Chinese restaurant.
    I don't go to chinese resturants
    You like to eat chicken feet.
    eww nope
    You turn bright red after drinking two tablespoons of beer.
    I dont drink,never did
    Your folks never speak under 10 decibels at family gatherings.
    nope
    You know what the term "lemon" or a "banana" means.
    nope
    You know what this means: hem ga chan.

nope
    If you answered more true than false, then apparently you're Chinese

ReputationRep:
    i went through a phase of being almost chinese!!! 90% of all my friends i hung out with were chinese, i ate chinese food all the time, i spoke a bit of chinese, i played chinese piano music, i almost went on a trip to HK.
    but i think im losing it i havent found a chinese group of friends at uni yet lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mangomaz)
    i went through a phase of being almost chinese!!! 90% of all my friends i hung out with were chinese, i ate chinese food all the time, i spoke a bit of chinese, i played chinese piano music, i almost went on a trip to HK.
    but i think im losing it i havent found a chinese group of friends at uni yet lol.
    HK is amazing!!! Go there!!

ReputationRep:
    hem ga chan.

no one knows wat it means. im from hk and im telli g u all, it means very good in bed man
    and yes, i am despite the rumours

ReputationRep:
    Ah, it is Cantonese. I only speak Mandarin. Doh.

ReputationRep:
    You have a vinyl table cloth on your kitchen table. TrueYour stove is covered with aluminum foil....the grill is.
    You use the dishwasher as a dish rack. false
    You eat all meals in the kitchen. False
    You use grocery bags to hold garbage.true
    You always leave your shoes at the door.Mostly true
    You twirl your pen around your fingers.True
    You don't own any real Tupperware -- only a cupboard full of used but carefully rinsed margarine tubs, takeout containers, and jam jars. true
    The condiments in your fridge are either Price Club sized or come in plastic packets, which you save/steal every time you get take out or go to McDonald's. false
    Ditto for paper napkins. false
    You like congee with thousand year old eggs. False
    You never call your parents just to say hi. True
    If you don't live at home, when your parents call, they ask if you've eaten rice, even if it's midnight. true
    You never order sweet-n-sour pork, egg foo young, or chop suey at a Chinese restaurant. True...but then I don't order any chinese...
    You like to eat chicken feet. false
    You turn bright red after drinking two tablespoons of beer. false
    Your folks never speak under 10 decibels at family gatherings. true
    You know what the term "lemon" or a "banana" means. ...what?
    You know what this means: hem ga chan. nope

Hmm I seem pretty Chinese...Maybe I can go and pretend to my friends family in HK

ReputationRep:
    You have a vinyl table cloth on your kitchen table. No

Your stove is covered with aluminum foil. No

You use the dishwasher as a dish rack. Yes

You eat all meals in the kitchen. No

You use grocery bags to hold garbage. Yes

You always leave your shoes at the door. Mostly

You twirl your pen around your fingers. No

You don't own any real Tupperware -- only a cupboard full of used but carefully rinsed margarine tubs, takeout containers, and jam jars. Yes (my family)

The condiments in your fridge are either Price Club sized or come in plastic packets, which you save/steal every time you get take out or go to McDonald's. Not really

Ditto for paper napkins.
    You like congee with thousand year old eggs. No

You never call your parents just to say hi. No

If you don't live at home, when your parents call, they ask if you've eaten rice, even if it's midnight. I live at home

You never order sweet-n-sour pork, egg foo young, or chop suey at a Chinese restaurant. Yes

You like to eat chicken feet. No

You turn bright red after drinking two tablespoons of beer. No

Your folks never speak under 10 decibels at family gatherings. No

You know what the term "lemon" or a "banana" means. Yes - yellow on the outside, white on the inside - i.e. a Chinese person who lives a Western way of life/has Western ideas etc...Not a "true" Chinese, according to the CCP

You know what this means: hem ga chan. I do now, from reading above

ReputationRep:
    hem ga chan:"hope all members of your family DIE"

ReputationRep:
    You have a vinyl table cloth on your kitchen table. - no

Your stove is covered with aluminum foil. - no

You use the dishwasher as a dish rack. - no

You eat all meals in the kitchen. - no

You use grocery bags to hold garbage. - yes

You always leave your shoes at the door. - no. we have a cabinet. guests do.

You twirl your pen around your fingers. - sometimes

You don't own any real Tupperware -- only a cupboard full of used but carefully rinsed margarine tubs, takeout containers, and jam jars. - have both

The condiments in your fridge are either Price Club sized or come in plastic packets, which you save/steal every time you get take out or go to McDonald's. - no

Ditto for paper napkins. - no

You like congee with thousand year old eggs. - sometimes. spare the pork tho.

You never call your parents just to say hi. - yes...as in i don't.

If you don't live at home, when your parents call, they ask if you've eaten rice, even if it's midnight. - yup. but when people say "rice" in this sense it just means "meal".

You never order sweet-n-sour pork, egg foo young, or chop suey at a Chinese restaurant. - why not?

You like to eat chicken feet. - no. my family does.

You turn bright red after drinking two tablespoons of beer. - no. my dad does.

Your folks never speak under 10 decibels at family gatherings. - they speak a lot. i don't.

You know what the term "lemon" or a "banana" means. - the rude sense? yes.

You know what this means: hem ga chan. - yes. hear it everyday. usually guys say it. i find it too rude to say. usually i go with english swear words or "diu".

I AM chinese so... *shrugs*

ReputationRep:
    True or false?

You have a vinyl table cloth on your kitchen table. Apparently don't know what a vinyl table cloth looks like

Your stove is covered with aluminum foil. Don't think so...

You use the dishwasher as a dish rack. Don't have a dishwasher, so don't know.

You eat all meals in the kitchen. No, we have a dining room, and that's what dining rooms are for. To dine in.

You use grocery bags to hold garbage. Yep.

You always leave your shoes at the door. Technically not, but could count as true.

You twirl your pen around your fingers. Do that all the time. Such fun.

You don't own any real Tupperware -- only a cupboard full of used but carefully rinsed margarine tubs, takeout containers, and jam jars. What is Tupperware?

The condiments in your fridge are either Price Club sized or come in plastic packets, which you save/steal every time you get take out or go to McDonald's. Don't know anything about condiments.

Ditto for paper napkins. Occasionally.

You like congee with thousand year old eggs. I don't like that egg. Not the yoke at least.

You never call your parents just to say hi. Suppose...

If you don't live at home, when your parents call, they ask if you've eaten rice, even if it's midnight. My mum called me yesterday and she didn't say anything about rice. But she did mention a particular C word.

You never order sweet-n-sour pork, egg foo young, or chop suey at a Chinese restaurant. We don't go to Chinese restaurant.

You like to eat chicken feet. No, I hate them.

You turn bright red after drinking two tablespoons of beer. I don't. I turn hyper.

Your folks never speak under 10 decibels at family gatherings. True.

You know what the term "lemon" or a "banana" means. Aren't they fruit? Do they I have any other meanings? This is driving me bananas.

You know what this means: hem ga chan. No. It's either Cantonese or spelled incorrectly.

This is fun . I am probably Chinese.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eurasianfeline)

If you don't live at home, when your parents call, they ask if you've eaten rice, even if it's midnight. - yup. but when people say "rice" in this sense it just means "meal".

You know what this means: hem ga an. - yes. hear it everyday. usually guys say it. i find it too rude to say. usually i go with english swear words or "diu".
    Fan is dinner/rice, right? (I have forgotten the little Cantonese I knew)...
    Diu nei lo mo - read in a book (might be wrong),

ReputationRep:
    Please don't swear, no matter what language it's in.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.