xRomanx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
so i'm in year 12 studying English literature , sociology and health and social care and we have already been asked to start considering the English course were we must select one prose , poem and play all published after 1900 and one must be published after 2000, however im struggling with deciding upon what types of things i would like to produce my coursework on which would influence my choices of texts so i was wondering if anyone has any suggestions of texts or topics that I consider and look into ? thank you for any responses
charlieday1
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hey so in my school, our english teacher chose our poems for our set work and I cannot stress how good Carol Anne Duffy is for poetry coursework. You can write so much when looking at Carol Anne Duffy's "The World Wife" poetry collection with a feminist perspective. There's many textbooks and online resources that can help when analyising her poetry and I can also send you any of my notes if you need them. For my other section of coursework, I'm looking at Never Let me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro with a marxist perspective. I've not started this coursework yet but my teacher seemed fine with my choice so fingers crossed it will all go well !! Hope your coursework goes fine and you get the most help you can get!
xRomanx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
(Original post by charlieday1)
Hey so in my school, our english teacher chose our poems for our set work and I cannot stress how good Carol Anne Duffy is for poetry coursework. You can write so much when looking at Carol Anne Duffy's "The World Wife" poetry collection with a feminist perspective. There's many textbooks and online resources that can help when analyising her poetry and I can also send you any of my notes if you need them. For my other section of coursework, I'm looking at Never Let me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro with a marxist perspective. I've not started this coursework yet but my teacher seemed fine with my choice so fingers crossed it will all go well !! Hope your coursework goes fine and you get the most help you can get!
Thank you s much I will definitely look into carol Anne Duffy for my poetry section. Any notes you had would also really be appreciated
charlieday1
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by xRomanx)
Thank you s much I will definitely look into carol Anne Duffy for my poetry section. Any notes you had would also really be appreciated
Sure thing. All of my notes are saved on google drive so I can send them to you whenever you need, just let me know : )
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (113)
27.43%
England (143)
34.71%
Belgium (32)
7.77%
Germany (41)
9.95%
Spain (10)
2.43%