The Student Room Group

removing/lightening self-harm scars on black skin.

posting this anonymously for personal reasons but my question is does anyone have any recommendations for products or even procedures that can lighten the appearance of or remove self harm scars on black skin? i’m a brown-skin and my scars are a dark beige-y brown colour, they don’t turn white. i’ve got scars all over both my thighs, running from the very top to just above my knees, which (sorry for the bluntness) honestly resemble zebra stripes. i’ve also got quite a few on my left arm but they’ve lightened considerably so i’m not too bothered about them.

any recommendations would be greatly appreciated :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
posting this anonymously for personal reasons but my question is does anyone have any recommendations for products or even procedures that can lighten the appearance of or remove self harm scars on black skin? i’m a brown-skin and my scars are a dark beige-y brown colour, they don’t turn white. i’ve got scars all over both my thighs, running from the very top to just above my knees, which (sorry for the bluntness) honestly resemble zebra stripes. i’ve also got quite a few on my left arm but they’ve lightened considerably so i’m not too bothered about them.

any recommendations would be greatly appreciated :smile:

Why hide them? Be confident and be true to yourself. Does not matter what others think and you certainly should not feel embarrassed. We all deal differently with mental health and we all suffer in our own way. The importance is to find good, open and honest friends who are prepared to discuss anything honestly and openly. A problem shared is a problem halved for sure ... don’t stress yourself out about a few scars, life is too short to fret about minor **** like that, that in honesty, only you has the issue .. so share and talk about it if asked. Always happy to talk if you drop me your kik .. confidence assured
Reply 2
Original post by Blanco20
Why hide them? Be confident and be true to yourself. Does not matter what others think and you certainly should not feel embarrassed. We all deal differently with mental health and we all suffer in our own way. The importance is to find good, open and honest friends who are prepared to discuss anything honestly and openly. A problem shared is a problem halved for sure ... don’t stress yourself out about a few scars, life is too short to fret about minor **** like that, that in honesty, only you has the issue .. so share and talk about it if asked. Always happy to talk if you drop me your kik .. confidence assured

sadly i come from a culture where self harming is quite taboo, and in my religion it’s forbidden so if my parents found out, for example, i’d be in deep trouble. i can hide them easily because i’m a muslim and so cover up anyway, but i definitely don’t want to have them for a lifetime. and i don’t have kik, sorry, but tysm!
sadly i come from a culture where self harming is quite taboo, and in my religion it’s forbidden so if my parents found out, for example, i’d be in deep trouble. i can hide them easily because i’m a muslim and so cover up anyway, but i definitely don’t want to have them for a lifetime. and i don’t have kik, sorry, but tysm!

same I self harmed on my arm and lied about it too my parents lol, anyway I used for my arm sheer butter, bio oil and some cream I don't know that name of my dad brought from Nigeria and my 7 marks on my arm are almost all gone
bio oil works wonderrrssss I would defo recommend
Reply 4
same I self harmed on my arm and lied about it too my parents lol, anyway I used for my arm sheer butter, bio oil and some cream I don't know that name of my dad brought from Nigeria and my 7 marks on my arm are almost all gone
bio oil works wonderrrssss I would defo recommend

omg okay tysm! and same i had to lie :frown:
omg okay tysm! and same i had to lie :frown:

no worries hun same I know im a christian and self harming is disrespecting God and myself + I didn't want to be sent to therapy again
Reply 6
no worries hun same I know im a christian and self harming is disrespecting God and myself + I didn't want to be sent to therapy again

i hope you’re doing well now x
i hope you’re doing well now x

im all good hbu?
Reply 8
im all good hbu?

i’ve had the occasional relapse but i’m currently clean thank God!
i’ve had the occasional relapse but i’m currently clean thank God!

well done!!!!!
well done!!!!!

aah thank you ❤️ and well done to you too xx
aah thank you ❤️ and well done to you too xx

thanks luv im a yr and half clean whoop whoop
i used to always do that to my arms! scars are still there today
thanks luv im a yr and half clean whoop whoop

perioddddd we love to see it 💓
i used to always do that to my arms! scars are still there today

aw no i’m sorry :frown: hope you’re doing well now!
aw no i’m sorry :frown: hope you’re doing well now!

im all good now! don’t be afraid to speak to someone, it could be the difference between life and death!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending