yeahmate1234
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So today I had my 4th chemistry lesson at 6th form and we were doing relative isotopic mass. I didn't really understand it so I asked for help at the end of the lesson. She told me, and several other students who didn't get it, that we should aim lower because if we don't understand this we won't be able to keep up with the rest of the course. This made me and everyone else quite depressed, seeing as its only our first week and we're being told we can only achieve a C. Should I listen to my teacher?
JustOneMoreThing
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Tremendous teacher, hit the books hard and if you need help just ask around here or get a tutor.

A teacher telling her student to aim lower is essentially her admitting she doesn't want to do her job.
yeahmate1234
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by JustOneMoreThing)
Tremendous teacher, hit the books hard and if you need help just ask around here or get a tutor.

A teacher telling her student to aim lower is essentially her admitting she doesn't want to do her job.
I plan on studying it myself when I get the time, but it really doesn't help with my motivation being told this kinda stuff at such an early stage lol. We are apparently getting a new teacher next year so I'm looking forward to that.
CurryCurry2468
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by yeahmate1234)
So today I had my 4th chemistry lesson at 6th form and we were doing relative isotopic mass. I didn't really understand it so I asked for help at the end of the lesson. She told me, and several other students who didn't get it, that we should aim lower because if we don't understand this we won't be able to keep up with the rest of the course. This made me and everyone else quite depressed, seeing as its only our first week and we're being told we can only achieve a C. Should I listen to my teacher?
What kind of teacher is that???
Ignore that teacher, i think it is the typical a level science teacher that just reads off powerpoint slides and spoonfeeds information to students cuz they are lazy. Someone I know did their a level in 2019 and had the same kind of teacher but for physics and their class received no support or prep for the paper 3 practical paper so they all performed really poor.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (5)
4.07%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (20)
16.26%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (21)
17.07%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (16)
13.01%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (37)
30.08%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (24)
19.51%

Watched Threads