are big hips a turn off?

Watch
Justvisited
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by cutiepatootie11)
Nope, they don't, you're correct. But that's not a bad thing!

Just I dontlike them.
From a mere mechanical point of view, "they" mean you can't run as fast as men with the same muscle mass. So what? You're not meant to do the fast running, you've got other special functions to excel at
FakeNewsEditor
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Justvisited)
Do men ever complain that their shoulders are too wide? Or their chest too hairy or their jaw too square, etc.

What is it with women fretting about having broad hips, large breasts or any other obvious feature of feminine physical maturity?
Beauty standards for women are influenced by fashion models who often are skinny, have narrow hips and are kind of flat. Nothing wrong with those traits ofc some women are naturally like that. But I don't get why women with big hips and large breasts would envy them.
cutiepatootie11
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
From a mere mechanical point of view, "they" mean you can't run as fast as men with the same muscle mass. So what? You're not meant to do the fast running, you've got other special functions to excel at
You're a mechanic? Oh, yeah, lol. But guys with big shoulders are attractive...ahahah
Other special functions, like what?
Mr T 999
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
God no. I love girls with wide hips, thick thighs and big bums.
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
No, I don't just care about what they think. As I said, I don't like them, I was wondering if it was also something guys don't like.
Oh, right, lmao.
You should not care about what guys think of your body. Guys, just like girls, have preferences.
Justvisited
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You're a mechanic? Oh, yeah, lol. But guys with big shoulders are attractive...ahahah
Other special functions, like what?
(1) A mathematician actually, so of course I know about mechanics. Not a 'grease monkey' like my uncle though.

(2) Seems strange to read this question from a girl who's obviously well gone through puberty....
Justvisited
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by FakeNewsEditor)
Beauty standards for women are influenced by fashion models who often are skinny, have narrow hips and are kind of flat. Nothing wrong with those traits ofc some women are naturally like that. But I don't get why women with big hips and large breasts would envy them.
Asch conformity experiments....
cutiepatootie11
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mr T 999)
God no. I love girls with wide hips, thick thighs and big bums.
ohhhhh ahaha
cutiepatootie11
Rep:
?
(Original post by Wired_1800)
You should not care about what guys think of your body. Guys, just like girls, have preferences.
ok, thanks. it's also more to the fact, i'm more insecure.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
(2) Seems strange to read this question from a girl who's obviously well gone through puberty....
Giving birth?
cutiepatootie11
Rep:
?
(1) A mathematician actually, so of course I know about mechanics. Not a 'grease monkey' like my uncle though.

Oh, right, okay! That sounds interesting. Hahaha lmaooo.

Oh, oops, sorryyyyy
cutiepatootie11
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
Giving birth?
ohh, yeahhhh
Tigermonkee
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Oh, a lot of women? Ahaha, alright Mr popular! Jk lmao.
Thank you thoooo.
Sorry as a lesbian i usually have to point out that i date woman otherwise people assume i haven’t. I forget that on here you can’t tell I’m a woman
Vanessa Chuah
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
imma girl but noo i think it's a turn on
cutiepatootie11
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tigermonkee)
Sorry as a lesbian i usually have to point out that i date woman otherwise people assume i haven’t. I forget that on here you can’t tell I’m a woman
oh my gosh, i'm so, so sorry! i hope i didn't offend you.
cutiepatootie11
Rep:
?
(Original post by Vanessa Chuah)
imma girl but noo i think it's a turn on
thank you
Lilymae69
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
biologically women are supposed to be like that for child bearing so its normal
Justvisited
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Lilymae69)
biologically women are supposed to be like that for child bearing so its normal
All very well, but then you might make narrow-hipped women feel bad/inadequate etc., what would you say to them?
Lilymae69
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
All very well, but then you might make narrow-hipped women feel bad/inadequate etc., what would you say to them?
umm no? this is scientifically proven i didnt make this up. should science be banned bcos it makes people feel bad?
Anonymous #3
Report 2 weeks ago
Who cares if they like them or not. If they say they don’t, they’re probably not right for you. The right person would like you for who you are and not for your ‘hips’
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (69)
20.97%
No (260)
79.03%

Watched Threads