Emilyyy172
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
is anyone studying politics at Bath, York, UCL or any others and wants to share their experience? I am trying to pick which unis to apply to x
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Check the course content - look at all the detailed descriptions of all course units for all three years of the course.
Which ones are compulsory, which ones are optional - and which ones would you actually choose?

All University courses are different - there is no universal syllabus, and each Politics degree will have its own 'flavour' depending on staff interests and the research focus of that Uni. This is why 'which Uni' is not as important as 'which course'. Its the course you will be studying every day for the next 3 years, not the Uni buildings or the town its in.

Also look at 'extras' like Study Abroad opportunities (even if the course isnt 'with Study Abroad' you may still be able to do this), placements etc. These sort of things enhance your eventual CV heaps. Which Uni offers you the most?

How to Avoid 5 Rejections has advice about making sure you have picked a realistic range of grade requirements - and bits of other advice : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...ity-rejections
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (163)
14.49%
I'm not sure (51)
4.53%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (331)
29.42%
I have already dropped out (34)
3.02%
I'm not a current university student (546)
48.53%

Watched Threads