Demonstrations to take place across the UK calling for pay rise for NHS workers

Watch
Occitanie
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Good bloke)
My daughter-in-law is a juniuor doctor, still training, and she has been earning a six figure income for the last three years.
She’ll be in line for that 15% then!
Good bloke
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Occitanie)
She’ll be in line for that 15% then!
Yup. But that is not relevant. It is a ridiculous suggestion.
1st superstar
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I hope that the pay rise is geared towards Nurses (especially their pay is too low), midwife's and cleaners (pay too low) first.
Gundabad(good)
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Occitanie)
https://amp.lbc.co.uk/news/uk/demons...mpression=true

NHS staff demand a 15% pay rise.

I don’t think many people are that that 1/3 of NHS staff were shielding during the pandemic, meaning that the other 2/3 had taken on their work load. This has been confirmed by a clinical director of 30 years who has had up to 25% of her workforce shielding during the pandemic, resulting in 25 more hours work per week.

She believes NHS staff shouldn’t see a “blanket” pay rise, but instead receive bonuses based on the work they have done - which I believe seems fairer on those who have gone above and beyond on the frontlines.

Thoughts?
15 percent pay rise! You have got to be joking! 5% at most and even that's being very generous.
Napp
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Good bloke)
My daughter-in-law is a juniuor doctor, still training, and she has been earning a six figure income for the last three years.
Props where props are due. I was more referring to the majority of staff who arent doctors though and thus can't pull in the big bucks.
Good bloke
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Napp)
Props where props are due. I was more referring to the majority of staff who arent doctors though and thus can't pull in the big bucks.
Maybe, but they have very good pensions, guaranteed jobs, huge employment flexibility and the job must suit them. If extra money is available the very last place we should be spending it in these recessionary times is on people whose jobs are absolutely guaranteed.
DSilva
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Fully support a pay rise - though more of it should go to nurses and midwives etc. The NHS and its staff are phenomenal and should be first in line for extra cash.
Last edited by DSilva; 2 weeks ago
TrueRealAnglo
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Pity this couldn't have been iniatied back in the Spring when the public were clapping away like a Downs guy on a day out.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (76)
21.47%
No (278)
78.53%

Watched Threads