Just want to know where I'm at.

Watch
mattaxton
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I'm really interested in fitness and weightlifting, and I want to know where I'm currrently standing because my psychique is really weird. I'm only 130lbs at 5'11 at 18 years old but I'm not skinny at all. I feel very energetic strong and I'm muscular also not your typical ectomorph. Pretty developped chest etc. I'd say I'm around 13/14% bf. I have only weightlifted 2 weeks in my life a year ago and I'm not active psychically, also terrible diet, but I can bench 145lbs for one rep max. Is that any good, where am I at?
Nutritionist
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
130lbs at 5’11 is skinny, no two ways about it I’m afraid
Dax_Swagg3r
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Bulk up while following a proper program.
mattaxton
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Nutritionist)
130lbs at 5’11 is skinny, no two ways about it I’m afraid
I'm not big or anything but I do not look skinny at all, I look bigger than my friends weighting 12 13lbs more than me, I show no bones anywhere and I'm also not flat anywhere, I have round and full muscles, allthough my legs are pretty skinny below the knee
Zain_Ahmed
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
it's impossible to tell where ur at with just knowing your bench.. 65kg bench is standard imo.. Though I hardly bench. You should follow a good programme and keep your diet consistant. In your case you should bulk, not too much as that will create fatty muscle instead of lean muscle. I actually aim to have skinny legs, big legs look weird imo.
Dax_Swagg3r
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Zain_Ahmed)
it's impossible to tell where ur at with just knowing your bench.. 65kg bench is standard imo.. Though I hardly bench. You should follow a good programme and keep your diet consistant. In your case you should bulk, not too much as that will create fatty muscle instead of lean muscle. I actually aim to have skinny legs, big legs look weird imo.
What is fatty muscle?
Zain_Ahmed
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Dax_Swagg3r)
What is fatty muscle?
Muscle mixed with a load of fat. It doesnt have a defined look.
Dax_Swagg3r
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Muscle mixed with a load of fat. It doesnt have a defined look.
Biologically, you can't mix fat and muscle, they are 2 separate forms of tissues. I think what you are referring to is gain a lot of fat so it covers the muscle gained.
Zain_Ahmed
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Dax_Swagg3r)
Biologically, you can't mix fat and muscle, they are 2 separate forms of tissues. I think what you are referring to is gain a lot of fat so it covers the muscle gained.
I never said a biological mix. I meant that there would be a larger layer of fat on the muscle. So when you tense the bicep for example, it would be a mix of muscle and fat as there is a load of fat ontop of the muscle.
Nutritionist
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I never said a biological mix. I meant that there would be a larger layer of fat on the muscle. So when you tense the bicep for example, it would be a mix of muscle and fat as there is a load of fat ontop of the muscle.
Shouldn’t be referred to as “fatty muscle” and “lean muscle”. It’s a bad choice of wording
Zain_Ahmed
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Nutritionist)
Shouldn’t be referred to as “fatty muscle” and “lean muscle”. It’s a bad choice of wording
Ok... It is funny how the fitness forum has people just waiting prove someone wrong😂😂. I explained myself to what those phrases mean. Honestly😂😂😂
Nutritionist
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Ok... It is funny how the fitness forum has people just waiting prove someone wrong😂😂. I explained myself to what those phrases mean. Honestly😂😂😂
Don’t be wrong and it wouldn’t be needed
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (22)
22.92%
No (74)
77.08%

Watched Threads