mussiegirl
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I didn't do great in my Highers for 5th year - BCC. Mainly due to time our for illness

The course I want needs AABB over 2 years. No minimum grades required from 5th Year.

Is it worthwhile applying anyway? I am resitting this year and if I get good predicted UCAS grades will I still have a chance or should I try another course?

How much do they base your application on existing/predicted grades?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by mussiegirl)
I didn't do great in my Highers for 5th year - BCC. Mainly due to time our for illness

The course I want needs AABB over 2 years. No minimum grades required from 5th Year.

Is it worthwhile applying anyway? I am resitting this year and if I get good predicted UCAS grades will I still have a chance or should I try another course?

How much do they base your application on existing/predicted grades?
Will your predicted grades be in line?
If so make sure your referee mentions your illness, some unis have extenuating circumstances forms as well, then they are likely to take more notice of the predicted grades. Talk to them or get your school to contact them to find out what their view is.
mussiegirl
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Will your predicted grades be in line?
If so make sure your referee mentions your illness, some unis have extenuating circumstances forms as well, then they are likely to take more notice of the predicted grades. Talk to them or get your school to contact them to find out what their view is.
thanks, will do. I think my predicted grades will be in line, I need to double check.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (72)
21.24%
No (267)
78.76%

Watched Threads