The Student Room Group

Where can I do law with this

Deleted
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by OliK342
A level in law and PE one both predicted A
AS in IT predicted A
EPQ predicted distinction star
Was also doing criminology but bad circumstances led me to lots of hospital time so forced to drop it

you would need to consider foundation years without having 3 full a levels I'm afraid.
Only 2 A levels?
Foundation course - look at Plymouth or Oxford Brookes.
You mightn't need to do a foundation year. AA at A Level and an A at AS would give you 116 UCAS points. An A* in the EPQ would give you a further 28 UCAS points to bring your total to 144. If you look for universities that frame their offers in terms of UCAS points (Liverpool John Moores for example) you should hopefully have some luck.
Original post by claireestelle
you would need to consider foundation years without having 3 full a levels I'm afraid.

Not necessarily. The OP was sick. It’s exceptional circumstances. They also have an AS and EPQ
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Buddingdentist08
Not necessarily. The OP was sick. It’s exceptional circumstances. They also have an AS and EPQ

you can get a little leighway, say a grade or two lower in an a level but they wouldn't allow people much more than that.
Original post by claireestelle
you can get a little leighway, say a grade or two lower in an a level but they wouldn't allow people much more than that.

Leigh way is Leigh way. Anything that helps
Probably your best option will be to take the AS to a full A level and you would then have 3 A levels and have multiple choices although A level IT isnt accepted by some universities. Computer Science is higher rated. Another option would be to look into taking a BTEC subsidiary diploma in 1 year if possible
Original post by Buddingdentist08
Leigh way is Leigh way. Anything that helps

leeway

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/leeway
As above without 3 full A-levels your options are slightly limited, even with extenuating circumstances. The issue is that the unis just don't know if you are able to cope with a full academic workload under normal circumstances without a full set of A-levels. I'd recommend looking at foundation year options if you can find them, or consider either an Access to HE course or taking some modules with the OU and then applying to a full time degree. The OU option will also give you a chance to experience actual law degree content before committing to the full degree. Both are well trodden routes to full time degree level study though!

The Access Course you can fund with an Advanced Learner Loan which gets written off if you subsequently complete a full degree, while the OU study you can fund with part-time tuition fee loans from SFE. In the latter case make sure however that you register on a full qualification e.g. DipHE, but don't accept an exit award when you leave to go to full time study, else it may affect your entitlement to full time funding from SFE (full time and part-time funding from SFE are calculated separately, but both have "equivalent or lower level qualification"/ELQ rules which limit funding if you are studying for an equivalent or lower level qualification to one you already hold).
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by OliK342
A level in law and PE one both predicted A
AS in IT predicted A
EPQ predicted distinction star
Was also doing criminology but bad circumstances led me to lots of hospital time so forced to drop it

In the long run you have potentially v good A levels and should get into the best uni you can.
You could try an extenuating circs entry and hope they let you in based on the strength of the other two. GP letter plus one by the school would help. That might get you into foundation or even the main degree based on 2 alone and your EC.

Alternatively agree with the suggestion of saving yourself the time and upgrading the other A level to a fill one and then getting into the best uni you can. Your career will thank you.

Oh right. Sorry autocorrect lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending