KarateKidK
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have found out that the AQA exam board is making the power and conflict poems compulsory and I haven’t done any work on the poem since March as my teacher said that we don’t really need to do anything and I would like to know what you have to revise for the exam on the poems and how many quotes would be best to learn and to i reverse the techniques that are being used
Do we have to compare the poems
Please can someone help me if they can
Thanks
ZephrWW
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, I'm an A level student who did Power And Conflict at GCSE for English Lit. I received an 8, so you're in good hands. You will have to compare the poems through quotes, showing something that is either contrasting or similar in each quote, one quote from each per paragraph. Knowing the basic themes of each poem you could be working on is very helpful, even if its just knowing key words that have to do with each.

Hope this helps a bit, Elliot.
bambi1425
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
as above but we were also told to have two/three poems per topic or know which ones compare well for each topic (I didnt do quite as well as Elliot but this certainly helped )
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (177)
28.41%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (104)
16.69%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (57)
9.15%
I want to meet current students (52)
8.35%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (50)
8.03%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (126)
20.22%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (37)
5.94%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (20)
3.21%

Watched Threads