Francesca8604
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
hi, I just started y12 and I chose applied science and I would like to know how I can organise my studies and how u took ur notes for this specific subject thanks
DragonBall84
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Francesca8604)
hi, I just started y12 and I chose applied science and I would like to know how I can organise my studies and how u took ur notes for this specific subject thanks
If you do any BTEC, you will have to make sure that you complete your coursework as soon a possible and hand it on time to the teacher. I suggest you adopt the same methods you used to revise for your GCSE's. As I have previously studied BTEC business studies, I suggest you focus on completing your coursework as well as making notes for your exams. Plus, your coursework will make-up most of your grades.
zarigold
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
im doing applied science this year too, do you have to revise into deep detail like a level biology?
tiktoksensation
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Francesca8604)
Hey, I've just started my 2nd year of Applied Science. Make sure you keep on top of your coursework from day one since it piles up really quickly. I wasn't very organised in the beginning and it had a big effect on my grades. I do the older version of Applied Science and we usually have 4 or 5 assignments per unit. The newer version of Applied Science is assessed through a mixture of exams and coursework so the number of assignments you do might differ. For the exam units all you can really do is listen to your teacher's advice and revise. As for the coursework units, start each assignment as soon as it's given to you. If you leave things too late you'll miss deadlines and that'll have an impact on your grades. I don't always feel the need to take notes as our teachers give us really good resources but you can if you think it'll help. A big part of the course is independent research and you'll need to reference all your sources. CTFM is a really good website for referencing and it'll do it all for you automatically so I'd recommend using it in your assignments.
(Original post by zarigold)
im doing applied science this year too, do you have to revise into deep detail like a level biology?
I found that Applied Science wasn't a huge jump from GCSE in the beginning. They ease you into the Level 3 content. Look at the specification for each of your units and it'll tell you what you'll be studying. You can use the specification to find resources online to help you with your exams and coursework. I've never had to open an A Level textbook to find what I've needed.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (53)
21.63%
No (192)
78.37%

Watched Threads