_np02_
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I'm studying AQA A level history-- Tsarist and communist Russia and Angevin kings and It would mean a lot if someone could give me some tips on how to write A/A* exam question answers and most preferably if someone could post or send me an A/A* model answer for either Russia or Angevin kings so that I know how I should structure my writing. Thank you.
username3508100
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Introduction - should answer the question, briefly outline what points you are going to argue, define any key terms that are in the question. Have an opinion on the question, don't just sit on the fence and not answer the question properly

Main body - should include points for and against the question, bring in historians if you can (this is much harder to remember in exam conditions though), make sure you are arguing, not telling a story - remember, the examiner already knows all the info, they're seeing how well you use this info to argue your point, not how well you regurgitate it!

Conclusion - do NOT bring any new points into the conclusion, should just briefly be reiterating your argument and again clearly answering the question.

I did do AQA History but didn't do those topics, so can't provide any specific help sorry
6ambz
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hiii, im in year 13 and do tsarist and communist Russia but on the edexcel exam board and my essays are all A/A* so i could definitely give you some tips.

What I do normally is for each topic in Russia I make an A4 Sheet with a 4 grid table, and i summarise 4 sections of that ONE topic onto an A4 table, therefor i have 5 A4 sheets of condensed information which i then memorise. I then use those sheets to make essay plans on EACH TOPIC.

So the essay plan consists of three sometimes four points considering how much information i want to cover. The introduction should state whether you agree or disagree to an extent, then summarise your key points in that introduction. For your three/four main paragraphs it is very important to make a DEBATE. This is something i struggled with at first but has now pushed me to the top grades. The debate doesn’t have to balance out i normally do 2 paragraphs for and 1 against. So for your plan have a main point per paragraph, explain that point, maybe add some statistics and supporting evidence and explain the effect of it. For your conclusion just summarise the essay as a whole, i normally just repeat a statistic in the conclusion and end it with and this is why i agree.....

Hope that helps! Send me a pm if you want an example essay
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (426)
56.57%
I don't have everything I need (327)
43.43%

Watched Threads