MA in Acting in London and Paris (LAMDA, RADA, FONACT...)Watch
I am third-year student at LSE and I am planning on working as an actress in the future (hopefully!).
My mother tongue is French so I was thinking of applying to some drama schools in Paris, but I really like London and its opportunities too. I would like to apply to some great schools like LAMDA (because I guess I have nothing to lose trying), but I am scared I won't fit the requirements or expectations because:
- English is not my mother tongue and I therefore don't have a perfect British accent.
- I have some experience on set (modeling, a bit of acting), I also took some acting classes in the summer, did some short films and lots of videography (everything was in French), but I am scared that this is not enough experience.
I'm scared that other people who will apply will be much better during the audition. I'm scared to be ridiculous and lose too much money with the audition fees... But on the other hand, who knows what could happen?
My questions are:
- Should I try applying to these schools this year?
- Or should I focus on my third year at LSE, take acting classes next year and apply for the 2022 entry?
- Or should I focus on LSE, then take acting classes and not apply to these drama schools? I only want to apply because I heard that it's almost impossible to become a professional screen actor without a diploma/network from these institutions.
- Should I directly go to Paris due to my accent?
Need more help on going postgrad?