CatusStarbright
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Sorry I missed this, it’s been a very busy day for me! Flicking through, I definitely knew a good number of these 😕
Theloniouss
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Answers?
Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 22 hours ago
Answers:

1) The Duke and Duchess on Cambridge were in the news this week for paying off the bill for the refurbishment of Frogmore Cottage, but how much was this Bill?

Answer:
Spoiler:
Show

£2.4m

2) Oxford and Cambridge have accepted record numbers of state school pupils to start this autumn, what percentage of new UK students at Cambridge are from State Schools?

Spoiler:
Show

70%

3) In california the El Dorado wildlife is raging, but what have police claimed started the fire?

Spoiler:
Show

A smoke generating Pyrotechnic device at a gender reveal party

4) What is the missing word in this quote by Health secretary Matt Hancock “Don’t kill your by [?] catching coronavirus and then passing it on”?

Spoiler:
Show

Nan

Any variation of grandmother accepted.

5) What is the name of the Belarussian opposition leader arrested in Belarus this week?

Spoiler:
Show

Maria Kolesnikova

6) Which one of the following Greek islands have not been added to the U.K Quarentine list?

Spoiler:
Show

Rhodes

7) The furlough scheme will end in November, what percentage of wages is currently payed by the government for those who are on Furlough?

Spoiler:
Show
70%

8) Fans of Compsoer John Cage flocked to a German church this week to hear the first chord change in 7 years in a musical composition due to be played continuously until 2640, how long will it be until the next chord change?
A) 7 Years
B) 17 months
C) 35 years

Spoiler:
Show

B

9) In France this week an 80 year old man blew up part of his house, But what was he trying to do when he did this?

Spoiler:
Show

Swat a fly

10) This week Diana Rigg passed away, she was famous for roles such as the Avengers and Game of thrones. One of her early roles was Tracey Bond in “On her Majesty’s secret service”, but who was she shot dead by at the end of the film?

Spoiler:
Show

Irma Bunt
Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 22 hours ago
Results:

1) Miss Maddie 8
2) Theloniouss 4.5 (0.5 given for the Belarus question)
3)04MR17 4

BlinkyBill can Maddie have her rep prize please.
BlinkyBill
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 12 minutes ago
(Original post by Andrew97)
Results:

1) Miss Maddie 8
2) Theloniouss 4.5 (0.5 given for the Belarus question)
3)04MR17 4

BlinkyBill can Maddie have her rep prize please.
Done.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (67)
21.97%
No (238)
78.03%

Watched Threads