Quiz of the Week #6Watch
1) The Duke and Duchess on Cambridge were in the news this week for paying off the bill for the refurbishment of Frogmore Cottage, but how much was this Bill?
2) Oxford and Cambridge have accepted record numbers of state school pupils to start this autumn, what percentage of new UK students at Cambridge are from State Schools?
3) In california the El Dorado wildlife is raging, but what have police claimed started the fire?
A smoke generating Pyrotechnic device at a gender reveal party
4) What is the missing word in this quote by Health secretary Matt Hancock “Don’t kill your by [?] catching coronavirus and then passing it on”?
Any variation of grandmother accepted.
5) What is the name of the Belarussian opposition leader arrested in Belarus this week?
6) Which one of the following Greek islands have not been added to the U.K Quarentine list?
7) The furlough scheme will end in November, what percentage of wages is currently payed by the government for those who are on Furlough?
8) Fans of Compsoer John Cage flocked to a German church this week to hear the first chord change in 7 years in a musical composition due to be played continuously until 2640, how long will it be until the next chord change?
A) 7 Years
B) 17 months
C) 35 years
9) In France this week an 80 year old man blew up part of his house, But what was he trying to do when he did this?
Swat a fly
10) This week Diana Rigg passed away, she was famous for roles such as the Avengers and Game of thrones. One of her early roles was Tracey Bond in “On her Majesty’s secret service”, but who was she shot dead by at the end of the film?