The Student Room Group

HELP: A Level Subjects (4 or 3+EPQ)

So, in my sixth form you have the option to do either 4 A Levels (if you did well at GCSE) or 3 A Levels and an EPQ. You can not only do 3 A Levels unless you did particularly bad. I'm currently doing Maths, Bio, Chem and History and I'm not sure if I should drop one. I don't really want to do EPQ and I'd wanted to do Politics /Economics instead of history because I felt it was easier but I'm actually enjoying history (which is funny because it was my worst grade at GCSE - I was downgraded). I didn't take politics because it clashes with biology (they're in the same block) and I have to take biology If I want to do medicine at uni (which I do).

My least favourite subject out of the 4 is definitely biology - the department at my school is TERRIBLE and so unorganised they haven't even given us our textbooks yet lol. But, because I want to go uni in London - I'm poor and can't move out - and the only uni that doesn't require bio is QMUL, I don't think I can drop it. I don't wanna drop maths because it's my favourite atm and I'm considering history the only thing I can drop bc it's a lot of content. Chemistry is defo necessary for medicine and I like it. I'm really worried that doing 4 a levels will be too much for me. Is it possible? And can someone recommend me revision techniques idk how to revise (I didn't at all for GCSE and got by ok ). Also we have loads of tests coming up and I want good predicted grades so, I need to be on my game. I'm kinda new to this working smart thing 😭 Also should I drop and just do EPQ or not.
(edited 3 years ago)
As a basic point, I would encourage three subjects and an EPQ, personally.
Original post by OCorOOC6337
As a basic point, I would encourage three subjects and an EPQ, personally.

same

Quick Reply

Latest