Lucia corbett
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
hello everyone!
I am looking at applying to Southampton or Cardiff university to hopefully study children's nursing and was wondering if anyone (who has studied at or is studying at either university) could tell me:
- what university life is like
- how the accommodation is
- what the quality of teaching is like
- the city/night life
any input on experiences good or bad is appreciated
thank you in advance!!
Last edited by Lucia corbett; 2 months ago
Lucia corbett
Rep:
?
hello everyone!
I am looking at applying to Southampton or Cardiff university to hopefully study children's nursing and was wondering if anyone (who has studied at or is studying at either university) could tell me:
- the city/night life
thank you in advance!!
Lucia corbett
Rep:
?
hello everyone!
- the city/night life
thank you in advance!!
CheeseIsVeg
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Lucia corbett)
hello everyone!
- the city/night life
thank you in advance!!
Hi there, I've merged your posts together and put them into nursing and midwifery :yep:

I'm a current Chemistry Student at Southampton so I can answer questions about that here:
- uni life is pretty nice at soton. You have a nice variety of green spaces, library and general study facilities (new building 100 has the nicest study spaces with views across campus highly recommend!) and restaurants on campus. There's also a few banks/coffee outlets by campus as well as a hairdressers, concert hall, SUSU owned cinema, bubble tea place and a GP surgery on campus too.
There is the famous duck pond and it's not a far walk away from the largest greenspace in southampton (the common).
There are uni-run buses that link up all campuses/city centre/airport/train station/all accommodation sites and is really prompt/reliable. They also have an app where you can track the buses in real time

-For all questions on accommodation, a simple read of my thread here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6265368 will answer your questions!

-Join a virtual open day! I believe the next one is early October

-City is great. It's got all the major shops and restaurants. There is an IKEA which is the best thing 100%
the marina is beautiful. You can also get a red funnel ferry to the Isle of Wight for £20 if you want a quick holiday in any of the breaks during uni (highly recommend going at Easter)
Nightlife is decent. Infamous Hobbit or Jesters pub/nightclub. There's also Oceana, the Cube, Orange rooms etc... it's good I am just not much of a fan of it personally. I prefer going to watch a film at the student union cinema or going bowling or doing an escape room etc. The big fancy shopping centre (West Quay) has loads of stuff to do nearby.

If you want specifics on courses you can visit the forums themselves for the universities:
university of southampton and cardiff university and ask specific queries in existing threads there.

Hope this helps,
Cheese :bump:
Lucia corbett
Rep:
?
(Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
Hi there, I've merged your posts together and put them into nursing and midwifery :yep:

I'm a current Chemistry Student at Southampton so I can answer questions about that here:
- uni life is pretty nice at soton. You have a nice variety of green spaces, library and general study facilities (new building 100 has the nicest study spaces with views across campus highly recommend!) and restaurants on campus. There's also a few banks/coffee outlets by campus as well as a hairdressers, concert hall, SUSU owned cinema, bubble tea place and a GP surgery on campus too.
There is the famous duck pond and it's not a far walk away from the largest greenspace in southampton (the common).
There are uni-run buses that link up all campuses/city centre/airport/train station/all accommodation sites and is really prompt/reliable. They also have an app where you can track the buses in real time

-For all questions on accommodation, a simple read of my thread here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6265368 will answer your questions!

-Join a virtual open day! I believe the next one is early October

-City is great. It's got all the major shops and restaurants. There is an IKEA which is the best thing 100%
the marina is beautiful. You can also get a red funnel ferry to the Isle of Wight for £20 if you want a quick holiday in any of the breaks during uni (highly recommend going at Easter)
Nightlife is decent. Infamous Hobbit or Jesters pub/nightclub. There's also Oceana, the Cube, Orange rooms etc... it's good I am just not much of a fan of it personally. I prefer going to watch a film at the student union cinema or going bowling or doing an escape room etc. The big fancy shopping centre (West Quay) has loads of stuff to do nearby.

If you want specifics on courses you can visit the forums themselves for the universities:
university of southampton and cardiff university and ask specific queries in existing threads there.

Hope this helps,
Cheese :bump:
wow this is very informative and helpful thank you!!
CheeseIsVeg
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Lucia corbett)
wow this is very informative and helpful thank you!!
No problem, if you think of anything else regarding Southampton, just let me know!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (73)
27.76%
No - I have already returned home (30)
11.41%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (54)
20.53%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (28)
10.65%
No - I live at home during term anyway (78)
29.66%

Watched Threads