NowhereMan.111
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Hi!
Hope this finds you well. I am applying for 2021/22 academic year and I would like to know about some requirements thereof.

As I am in my final year of law, I'll be needing an updated transcript for the application. The problem I am facing is with my current GPA (4.5/8) I am merely qualifying for the application requirement for MSc Psychology (Conversion) [i.e., 2:2 Degree] in most of the UK colleges.

I would like to know should I apply with my current GPA along with my other academic achievements, which compromise of a research paper and moot court competition and an online diploma in Modern Applied Psychology or should I wait and submit a transcript with better GPA?

How much relevance do the colleges place on the GPA considering it is a Conversion course?
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Conversion courses in Psychology will tend to ask for a 2.1 or 2.2 in any completed degree. I'm not sure how your GPA fits into it but the entry requirements for MSc Psychology (Conversion) are fairly basic.
PAanon95
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by NowhereMan.111)
Hi!
Hope this finds you well. I am applying for 2021/22 academic year and I would like to know about some requirements thereof.

As I am in my final year of law, I'll be needing an updated transcript for the application. The problem I am facing is with my current GPA (4.5/8) I am merely qualifying for the application requirement for MSc Psychology (Conversion) [i.e., 2:2 Degree] in most of the UK colleges.

I would like to know should I apply with my current GPA along with my other academic achievements, which compromise of a research paper and moot court competition and an online diploma in Modern Applied Psychology or should I wait and submit a transcript with better GPA?

How much relevance do the colleges place on the GPA considering it is a Conversion course?
Hi, were you able to make a successful application? sort of in the same boat. law grad applying to a psych conversion course. Would be great if I can get in touch with you to discuss further.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (10)
37.04%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (2)
7.41%
No I am happy with my choice (14)
51.85%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (1)
3.7%

Watched Threads