katiegsu5
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi there
I’m currently a year 12 student studying health and social care and psychology alevels.
I plan to go into nursing in the future at uni.
The entry requirements for uni say i will need a DD in my BTEC National Diploma and B in my psychology.
I originally thought that the course i was doing was a BTEC National Diploma course but I’m not quite sure anymore because my health and social care teacher said we’re doing a “Level 3 Cambridge Technical”??
I’m not sure what that means as I’ve never heard of it before, but the entry requirements don’t mention anything so i don’t think they'll accept it!!
I’m kind of worried I'm doing the wrong subjects so I’d appreciate it if someone could clarify if this is completely different from doing a BTEC or whether it is considered a BTEC National Diploma.

Thank you
natashacw
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
As far as I was aware hon, as long as you get the UCAS points that you need you should be okay. You can always just ring up the university and explain it to them, there usually quite good in regards to the courses that are being studied prior to university. They should be able to tell you what they would require from you once you have finished the course too. That way you can focus on getting or doing what it is you need to do.

I wish you well
nzy
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Level 3 BTEC Nationals and Level 3 Cambridge Technicals are equivalent. BTECs are the 'brand' of vocational qualifications offered by Pearson, if you like, and Cambridge Technicals are the ones offered by OCR.

I would assume any offer made for a Level 3 BTEC National Diploma would probably also stand for a Level 3 Cambridge Technical Diploma, but it's definitely worth asking the uni if that's the case if they haven't already stated it somewhere on their website.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (47)
16.04%
I'm not sure (8)
2.73%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (100)
34.13%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.37%
I'm not a current university student (134)
45.73%

Watched Threads