doing an extended diploma or just diploma

Watch this thread
lailaxoxo
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
hello i'm about to do btec health and social care Lv3 and i'm wondering if i could go straight to level 3 extended diploma or would i need to a diploma before going onto an extended course
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Its a two year course.
If you want to go to Uni, you will need to do both years and get the full Extended Diploma.
tiktoksensation
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
The Diploma and Extended Diploma are just different sizes of qualification. The Diploma is equivalent to 2 A Levels and the Extended Diploma is equivalent to 3 A Levels. The Diploma would give you the option of taking another A Level or BTEC with Health and Social Care. If all you want to do is Health and Social Care then go for the Extended Diploma.

FYI, if you're referring to the first year of the course, you'll study for a Foundation Diploma which is equivalent to 3 AS Levels before progressing to the second year which is the Extended Diploma.
Last edited by tiktoksensation; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Physics Paper 1 exam go?

Great! Feeling positive (146)
29.26%
It went fairly well (236)
47.29%
It didn't go too well (74)
14.83%
TERRIBLE! (43)
8.62%

Watched Threads