a 19 yr old guy texting me..should i be worried?

Watch
vix.xvi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Katzen)
Shut up fam are you the 19 year old guy himself? "Build connections" pffft. Listen, the only connections 19-year-old guys have is with their local bartender and a 2% discount- you're acting like this guy's dad is Donald Trump or something.

A 19 year old guy who has "good connections" is not going to be chatting up a 16 year old girl. Move yourself.
loll
i agree
khadijaaaxxxx
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
So I'm 19 and I'd date an 18 year old girl that's in university. I wouldn't date an 18 year old girl in Sixth Form because idk, the way I see it- if you're not old enough to sit your A-Level exams then you're still a child to me, that's how I see it. Some guys act like absolute preds, they wait until the girl is 18 and then the next day start swooping in "SHE JUST TURNED 18" those guys are skunked.

Just because the law says that adults can chat up 16-year-old girls but I don't agree with it. I don't know- maybe guys have gotten so desperate they're trying to reach into Secondary school terroritory- trying to use their "maturity" card to win girls over.
oh ok fair enough
yeah older guys that try and prey on younger girls are **** in the head
a 17 year old tried to get with me and im 13
at the time i didn't realise it but now i know he was using me lol
cloud_9_
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Don't chat up 16 year old Secondary School girls on your way. "HEY THERE LADIES! UHHH no don't be scared! I'm 19! Durrr there's not much age difference! UHHHHH!"

Edit: lol you used your second account to rep a post that literally just said: "I'll respond to you later".
LOL
RaA64
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Most of you guys are hypocrites. Firstly, they are both older than 16. Secondly, OP has said the guy has only been friendly, so maybe he's just speaking to her as a friend.

And since you're all saying how wrong it is, why don't you guys lambast the users on TSR who are about 24,25 (not the men, the women), who on here send kisses to 15-16 year old teenagers.
You know which users I'm talking about, so why don't you guys call them predatory?

It's *******s
cloud_9_
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by RaA64)
Most of you guys are hypocrites. Firstly, they are both older than 16. Secondly, OP has said the guy has only been friendly, so maybe he's just speaking to her as a friend.
Yh ofc he's starting off friendly now. He's clearly a smart guy not trying to get blocked from the get go. And do u not think its dodgy that his friend, who doesnt know her either, also followed her aswell? So now it's a 2 on 1 situation
RaA64
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by cloud_9_)
Yh ofc he's starting off friendly now. He's clearly a smart guy not trying to get blocked from the get go. And do u not think its dodgy that his friend, who doesnt know her either, also followed her aswell? So now it's a 2 on 1 situation
They're both over 16 - if she's worried she should block them both then.
If she was under 16 it would be different.
noturhabibti
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
age is just a number
Anonymous #4
Report 2 weeks ago
I cba to find the comment again, but yes, 3 years is objectively not a large age gap. HOWEVER, a 16 yo and 19 yo are at very different points in their life and are unlikely to be at the same mental age. I bet girls his age don't talk to him for a reason. I would say this guy is defo creepy and you should ask him to not talk to you anymore. If he is a good person, then he will understand and respect your decision - if he is not, then at least you've seen his true nature. Please be careful though!! If he tries to threaten you or smth then report it to an adult you trust
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I cba to find the comment again, but yes, 3 years is objectively not a large age gap. HOWEVER, a 16 yo and 19 yo are at very different points in their life and are unlikely to be at the same mental age. I bet girls his age don't talk to him for a reason. I would say this guy is defo creepy and you should ask him to not talk to you anymore. If he is a good person, then he will understand and respect your decision - if he is not, then at least you've seen his true nature. Please be careful though!! If he tries to threaten you or smth then report it to an adult you trust
wtf why r u anon no. 1
that's me
Anonymous #1
im so confused...
thank you for ur reply though
Anonymous #4
Report 2 weeks ago
im so confused...
thank you for ur reply though
LOL I have no idea why I'm anon 1 either. maybe I hacked the system best of luck though
Anonymous #1
LOL I have no idea why I'm anon 1 either. maybe I hacked the system best of luck though
ahah
thank you
LovelyMrFox
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Seems fine so long as your not uncomftorable.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by RaA64)
Most of you guys are hypocrites.
what exactly do u mean hypocrites? how are they being hypocrites?
RaA64
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
what exactly do u mean hypocrites? how are they being hypocrites?
Because on TSR I see (mainly) 23+ aged women chatting and sending kisses to 15-16 year old boys and girls. Regular users know this.

I don't think there's a problem, but OP is questioning it so she should just block the guy then. But the guy hasn't done anything wrong (yet anyway), so people don't need to call him a predator or anything.
RaA64
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Again, if you don't think it's a problem that adults are chatting up 16+ kids then why did you bring up the "they send kisses" over here and derailed the entire thread with your "BHUT WHAT ABOUT THIS! WHAT ABOUT THAT!?"
"Chatting up" - OP said the guy has been friendly, as in a friend.

It depends on how the person feels, if she is uncomfortable she should block him. If he shows signs of wanting anything more than a friendship she should block him. Otherwise, if she's happy talking to him it's ok.
SuperiorPotato
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by noturhabibti)
age is just a number
I- J a i l
cloud_9_
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by SuperiorPotato)
I- J a i l
literally
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Are you skunked fam? When I was 12 years old, a bunch of 16 year old girls started complimenting me saying I looked cute- see I can brag as well.

Obviously there's a difference between an 18 year old girl being friendly (what does that even mean? Yo don't gas yourself up she was just being civilised) to you as a 16 year old guy VERSUS a 19 year old guy chatting up a 16 year old girl.

"There were guys that were 21 years old!" SO what fam!? Were they dating 16 year old girls!? No they weren't. By that logic, you'd be arguing that 16 year old kids in Secondary School should be able to chat up girls in Year 7.

How old are you? 19 or something? Are you the guy that's chatting OP up? Pffft, "3 years is not a lot!" yes it fam, it's a major difference between 16 years old and 19 years old. This ain't no 30 and 33, this is 16 and 19

The example of the 18 year old girl in my class being friendly was to highlight the point that there is nothing creepy about youths in the same class and over the age of consent, interacting/being friends or even dating.

Oh.. and If I was 19 and met a girl I got on well with I would have no problem dating a 16 year old college student. It's not a big gap, nor strange at that age. It's also perfectly legal and over the age of consent. You will probably spit your dummy out again but I don't particularly care if you get further hysterical than you are already.

and for the record, i've made 2 posts prior to this one and they've been repped at total of 3 times. I did not rep them myself 🙄. All users who repped me are well known users on this forum.

Pull your head out from your backside. Not every person is going to agree with you in life.
Fartershop
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Google "Page 3 girls" if some of you want something really to be creeped out about (target audience was dirty rag-reading middle aged men).

I don't see the problem purely with the ages involved.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (91)
22.03%
No (322)
77.97%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise