a 19 yr old guy texting me..should i be worried?

Watch
lizzie.zipmouth
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Katzen)
1) How old are you?
2) You're not a war hero, don't disrespect war veterans just because you have an online account for 12 years.
3) You're older than 19 and yet your threatening to make others "regret" it?
4) Why did the other bloke regret it? I thought you said "people are gonna disagree with you in life!" Don't you follow your own teachings?
5) Why you attacking me for being behind the keyboard? What do you want me to do? Meet you up in lockdown? Keep in mind, you're behind the screen as well.
6) I said I wouldn't date an 18-year-old girl that's in Sixth Form/College. Why you so butthurt? Again, "people are gonna disagree with you in life." So...?
lmao relax, you're getting more worked up than the OP.

anyways, imo (since i'm actually 16) i don't see anything wrong with talking to a 19 yr old as long as its consensual - as in you both are okay with talking to each other and it's nothing you wouldn't say irl with an adult in the room. you should recognise red flags as soon as you see them since you're old enough and u have the right mental capacity to do so e.g. if he displays predatory/weird behaviour like asks for nudes/pictures, wants to meet up, etc, etc. if the convo gets weird, block asap.

also i agree with the others on here, if he's talking to you then it most likely means he can't pull girls his own age so just be weary. don't give out your personal info or even your last name. be careful is all i have to say! (make sure ur insta is on private)
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I'm 6'2.5, you're 5'10. What are you going to do?
That's not a huge height difference.

I'm probably at least twice as strong as you also..
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by ANM775)
That's not a huge height difference.

I'm probably at least twice as strong as you also..
I don't care if you are 113kg

Those stats don't terrify me.

I doubt much of it muscle at 19.
You know where I had to go out earlier? The gym....., 4th time so far this week.

Just know, that I hope you are enjoying the sanctuary of behind your keyboard as if you were as a mouthy as you were to me IRL you would probably live to regret it..
Lol guys it's ok I appreciate ur input, don't fight over it pls aha 😊😉
Satan's Helper
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
ANM775 Katzen

You two right now
historynerd47
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I'm sorry to say but the issue is that sure it might be a normal conversation but why can't he have a normal conversation with people his own age? What's he got to talk about with a 16-year-old girl? Even people my own age have completely different interest with one another- I can't imagine what "relatable" link he sees with a girl who goes to secondary school.
Totally agree with this, I feel like at 16 I would have justified it by saying like oh he's only 3 years older but that's a massive difference as a teenager. When you get a bit older (I'm now 20) you see how creepy it is, like if one of my friends had been going after someone who was 16 when they were 19... it's just such a big gap in maturity
confuseduser
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Its legal, do what you like.
Anonymous #5
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by noturhabibti)
age is just a number
&prison is just a place
confuseduser
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
&prison is just a place
You're allowed to sleep with 16 year olds in the UK (no matter your age)
Katzen
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Satan's Helper)
ANM775 Katzen

You two right now
confuseduser
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I don't care if you are 113kg

Those stats don't terrify me.

I doubt much of it muscle at 19.
You know where I had to go out earlier? The gym....., 4th time so far this week.

Just know, that I hope you are enjoying the sanctuary of behind your keyboard as if you were as a mouthy as you were to me IRL you would probably live to regret it..
alright ladies calm down
Anonymous #5
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by confuseduser)
You're allowed to sleep with 16 year olds in the UK (no matter your age)
No you're not. A 16 year old is not allowed to sleep with a 19 year old . They're a minor.
Satan's Helper
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You two are just teasing each other, aren't you? Neither is willing to cash each other outside howbow dah.

confuseduser
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
No you're not. A 16 year old is not allowed to sleep with a 19 year old . They're a minor.
In the UK you are allowed to have sex with a 16 year old if you're over 18 (unless the 18 year old is in a position of power i.e. boss, teacher, doctor, psychologist), the law has been that way for years now. Don't comment on something you know nothing about!
Last edited by confuseduser; 2 weeks ago
Anonymous #6
Report 2 weeks ago
What about a 16 yr old and a 24 yr old? We both want one thing...sex so does that make it ok? I don't know if I'll look back when I'm older and regret it
lil_hellgirl
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
this guy on insta is messaging me. i told him I'm 16 and he's still messaging me. is this ok? he seems like a nice person
older guys that message / try to get with much younger girls genuinely just think girls your age are more naive in a sense that you will think he's cool and 'mature' just because of his age. it's an ego boost for him.
the fact that he is trying to talk to you, even just with a 'normal' chat, shows girls his age probably see him for the loser he is and that's why they avoid him.
there is hardly anything you'll have in common - you have less life experience (you're still in school for gods sake) and his interests most likely differ from yours if he actually behaves like his age.
not being rude but in his head he's genuinely just seeing it as an easy bang cos young girls are just easier / more desperate for male attention.
keep talking to him if you want, its just good to be aware.
i'm talking from experience btw I used to be in your position and let it go too far; in my head I justified it by saying 'oh its not even a huge difference' but now I'm older I see 100% what's wrong with it and if one of my 19/20 yr old mates was going after a girl your age I'd be like wtf is he doing! HUGE maturity difference
Last edited by lil_hellgirl; 2 weeks ago
boulderingislife
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
this guy on insta is messaging me. i told him I'm 16 and he's still messaging me. is this ok? he seems like a nice person
Depends what the messages are about. If he’s giving you maths help then that’s ok, but if it’s stuff like how you look and wanting to meet up, then that’s grooming and you should block and report him.
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by lil_hellgirl)
older guys that message / try to get with much younger girls genuinely just think girls your age are more naive in a sense that you will think he's cool just because of his age. it's an ego boost for him.
the fact that he is trying to talk to you, even just with a 'normal' chat, shows girls his age probably see him for the loser he is and that's why they avoid him.
there is hardly anything you'll have in common - you have less life experience (you're still in school for gods sake) and his interests most likely differ from yours if he actually behaves like his age.
not being rude but in his head he's genuinely just seeing it as an easy bang cos young girls are just easier / more desperate for male attention.
keep talking to him if you want, its just good to be aware. I'm talking from experience btw I used to be in your position and let it go too far
So one 19 year old wanted sex from you when you were 16 and this means all of them are bad?

Let me tell you something. You're going to encounter a lot of guys throughout your life who want "just one thing" and a lot of them are going to be your age also...
Last edited by ANM775; 2 weeks ago
Moonbow
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
ahh ok
i think one of his friends started following me too now...
i just ignored his last text, do u think i need to block him?
Yikes...personally that sounds a bit fast. I’d block but it’s up to you How do you know him? Only on social media?
lil_hellgirl
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
So one 19 year old wanted sex from you when you were 16 and this means all of them are bad?

Let me tell you something. You're going to encounter a lot of guys throughout your life who want "just one thing" and a lot of them are going to be your age also...
actually, a lot more than one but I ignored them. many of my friends at the time also had older, older guys going after them.
& yes, while that is true, why can't the guy 'just want one thing' from a girl that isn't still in f*cking school uniform? lmao. creepy. seems like you're trying to justify predatory behaviour
lil_hellgirl
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
What about a 16 yr old and a 24 yr old? We both want one thing...sex so does that make it ok? I don't know if I'll look back when I'm older and regret it
oh baby no
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (91)
22.09%
No (321)
77.91%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise