a 19 yr old guy texting me..should i be worried?

Watch
Yazziii
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
ahh ok
i think one of his friends started following me too now...
i just ignored his last text, do u think i need to block him?
Don’t even open his text. Delete it straight away. No need to block
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by lil_hellgirl)
actually, a lot more than one but I ignored them. many of my friends at the time also had older, older guys going after them.
& yes, while that is true, why can't the guy 'just want one thing' from a girl that isn't still in f*cking school uniform? lmao. creepy. seems like you're trying to justify predatory behaviour
Did the OP say she was in school?

By time I was 16 I had finished sitting my GCSE.... (my birthday is in july), less than 2 months later I was in college. 10 out of 12 months that I was 16 I was in college.

I'm not trying to justify "predatory behavior"
where did I say it was ok for a 19 year old to use a 16 year old for sex?

Your logic of one 19 year old using you for sex, so now you don't like them all is a poor one. Thats like someone saying they don't like black people because once or twice a black person was mean to them ...so this means all of them are bad.

You don't even know the guys intentions. OP said he was chatting to her. He could just be being friendly. He could want to date her and have a relationship. It is very much jumping the gun to say he just wants sex.
lil_hellgirl
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by ANM775)
Did the OP say she was in school?

By time I was 16 I had finished sitting my GCSE.... (my birthday is in july), less than 2 months later I was in college. 10 out of 12 months that I was 16 I was in college.

I'm not trying to justify "predatory behavior"
where did I say it was ok for a 19 year old to use a 16 year old for sex?

Your logic of one 19 year old using you for sex, so now you don't like them all is a poor one. Thats like someone saying they don't like black people because once or twice a black person was mean to them ...so this means all of them are bad.

You don't even know the guys intentions. OP said he was chatting to her. He could just be being friendly. He could want to date her and have a relationship. It is very much jumping the gun to say he just wants sex.
college/sixth form is full time formal education, it is school.
first of all, if he doesn't want sex then what does he want? an almost 20 year old man has no business just wanting to be 'friends'/have friendly normal chats with a 16 year old.
no longer entertaining this bullsh*t, my opinion is that he's clearly weird and young girls should be careful bc I worry.
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
college/sixth form is full time formal education, it is school.
first of all, if he doesn't want sex then what does he want? an almost 20 year old man has no business just wanting to be 'friends'/have friendly normal chats with a 16 year old.
no longer entertaining this bullsh*t, my opinion is that he's clearly weird and young girls should be careful bc I worry.
when I was 16, you had to apply to go to college or sixth form, it was entirely your choice....,
calling college school is debatable imo. some people still call university school and that's like age 22

he could be just be being friendly, or want a relationship is my point ...and not be after just sex.
The reason why you're not "entertaining" this chat anymore is because you can see my points are valid, I've identified clear flaws in your thinking/logic to which you have no defence, and frankly you're just getting shown up.
RealLifeJoker
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It’s not illegal but if you want to be involved with people your age then you can block him
lil_hellgirl
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
when I was 16, you had to apply to go to college or sixth form, it was entirely your choice....,
calling college school is debatable imo. some people still call university school and that's like age 22

he could be just be being friendly, or want a relationship is my point ...and not be after just sex.
The reason why you're not "entertaining" this chat anymore is because you can see my points are valid, I've identified clear flaws in your thinking/logic to which you have no defence, and frankly you're just getting shown up.
you literally have no choice now at 16, you have to go to some sort of formal education. university isn't school. if you're not old enough to sit your A-Levels, you're still a kid. and there's no reason why an adult with more life experience and maturity should want to either be friendly or be romantic with a kid who isn't even old enough to legally drive, drink, rent, etc. they should just chat to other adults instead which really isn't hard.
you're clearly somewhat offended by the points I've stated, boo hoo
Last edited by lil_hellgirl; 2 weeks ago
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
you literally have no choice now at 16, you have to go to some sort of formal education. university isn't school. if you're not old enough to sit your A-Levels, you're still a kid. and there's no reason why a guy with more life experience and brain maturity should want to either be friendly or be romantic with a kid who isn't even old enough to legally drive, drink, rent, etc.
you're clearly somewhat offended by the points I've stated, boo hoo
Is this forum just ultra conservative or have things really changed so much since I was 16?

When I was 16 we had people upto 21/22 in our AS level class. I sat next to a 19 year old girl. She was friendly to me, we chatted at times. Nothing seemed weird. It did not seem strange to talk to any of the older people either.

16 year olds would also appear topless in some newspapers (ok I know that's changed now..)

When I was 19 I did an apprentership which was 16-24. The youngest person there was 17, oldest 20. we all hung out as a group and were friends. If a 16 year old was there we would have hung out with him too.

I dunno, to me a 16 and 19 year old talking or dating just doesn't sound strange....
lil_hellgirl
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Is this forum just ultra conservative or have things really changed so much since I was 16?

When I was 16 we had people upto 21/22 in our AS level class. I sat next to a 19 year old girl. She was friendly to me, we chatted at times. Nothing seemed weird. It did not seem strange to talk to any of the older people either.

16 year olds would also appear topless in some newspapers (ok I know that's changed now..)

When I was 19 I did an apprentership which was 16-24. The youngest person there was 17, oldest 20. we all hung out as a group and were friends. If a 16 year old was there we would have hung out with him too.

I dunno, to me a 16 and 19 year old talking or dating just doesn't sound strange....
I'm usually far from conservative but I think this is just down to an opinion thing now so we'll just agree to disagree.
16 year olds topless in newspapers?!?! wtf lol
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I'm usually far from conservative but I think this is just down to an opinion thing now so we'll just agree to disagree.
16 year olds topless in newspapers?!?! wtf lol
Yes, in The Daily Sport.

They'd get a 15 year old like a week from her 16th birthday, take 1 provocative pic of her in her underwear each day, and do like a countdown till she was 16. each day they'd post a new provocative pic. Finally on her 16th birthday her bra would come off and they'd post her topless.

Me and my friend used to buy that newspaper when we were in year 10 and 11 and it did not strike me as odd one bit at the time...

I never heard any media complaints about it either.
lil_hellgirl
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yes, in The Daily Sport.

They'd get a 15 year old like a week from her 16th birthday, take 1 provocative pic of her in her underwear each day, and do like a countdown till she was 16. each day they'd post a new provocative pic. Finally on her 16th birthday her bra would come off and they'd post her topless.

Me and my friend used to buy that newspaper when we were in year 10 and 11 and it did not strike me as odd one bit at the time...

I never heard any media complaints about it either.
like... a glamour model type thing? yeah that definitley wouldn't be okay nowadays which is interesting - seeing how times have changed. I'll never know why men like to look at barely legal girls, bet they'd hate to think of their own daughters doing that sort of thing.
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
like... a glamour model type thing? yeah that definitley wouldn't be okay nowadays which is interesting - seeing how times have changed. I'll never know why men like to look at barely legal girls, bet they'd hate to think of their own daughters doing that sort of thing.
It was shot like how they used to do Page 3 in the Sun.

Yeah, in today's climate it would not be ok at all I don't think. I remember back in the late 90s the Country suddenly became obsessed with pedophiles. Literally every other news headline was about pedophiles. The obsession got to the point where people actually started making comedy sketches about it...

I think this nationwide obsession prompted many law changes in the early/mid 2000s ..in which 16 year olds appearing topless were banned.
Nellie jvy
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
maybe he just wants you as a friend and nothing else. Give him a chance
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Nellie jvy)
maybe he just wants you as a friend and nothing else. Give him a chance
ok now im getting rlly confused aha :/
Nellie jvy
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Don't be dear. Just listen to your heart. If you guys are meant for each other, then nothing can depart you two. Don't just shu him off like that. If you not interested in him,find a nice way to tell him so that you don't break his heart if he likes you.😊☺all the best
confuseduser
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

its completely normal, these guys are sheltered and are throwing things out of proportion. Its legal - so who cares!
Anonymous #7
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
this guy on insta is messaging me. i told him I'm 16 and he's still messaging me. is this ok? he seems like a nice person
He’s a nonce. It doesn’t matter if he’s nice to you, he has a motive. Even if someone is nice to you, it doesn’t mean you owe them anything, even a reply. A lot of bad people appear nice but are awful behind closed doors. As a 20 year old girl, I can tell you that an older man (yes, he’s a man, you’re a child in comparison), is going for younger girls because girls his age know somethings wrong with him.16 is end of high school/beginning of college, 19 is second year of university. A full blown adult. He’s surrounded by people ages 20+ at uni (if he’s in uni), but wants to message a child? Even weirder if you said you’re 16 and he just dismissed it. You should stop messaging him.

In the future, you don’t have to reply. Ignore, block or remove. Don’t give him the courtesy of explaining why. Many girls (if you are one) are raised to be very polite and courteous, and often feel inclined to be nice to guys even when they are bad or don’t respect us. I’m constantly seeing my best friend let guys walk all over her because she feels guilty saying no or not messaging back (even when they’re harassing her.) If you’re going to start dating, definitely know your worth and raise your standards very high. Know that it’s always ok to say no, no is not a debate, and avoid creepy older guys at all costs. Look up red flags for relationships online and what a healthy relationship looks like, because most of us don’t know that growing up. (Everyone should do this, not just girls btw.) Most people aren’t worth your time so treasure it.
Anonymous #5
Report 2 weeks ago

That's different you were in the same classes and studying together. This is a random person messaging her on Instagram.
Fartershop
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It was shot like how they used to do Page 3 in the Sun.

Yeah, in today's climate it would not be ok at all I don't think. I remember back in the late 90s the Country suddenly became obsessed with pedophiles. Literally every other news headline was about pedophiles. The obsession got to the point where people actually started making comedy sketches about it...

I think this nationwide obsession prompted many law changes in the early/mid 2000s ..in which 16 year olds appearing topless were banned.
You and I must be about the same age. In hindsight, I can't say I agree with showing off 16/17 year olds in rags read by dirty old men, but yeah, things are now getting to the point of hysteria. Really, 16 and 19 is now a big deal to people wtf... :curious:

My grandfather met my nan when they were 17/15-almost 16 in 1951 - today he'd be labelled a paedo right off the bat.
Last edited by Fartershop; 2 weeks ago
Arthur_Morgan
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Creep alert! :woo:
beneficialgirl
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
As a person who’s his age it’s weird and suspicious, I don’t know what a person my age would have in common with a 16 year old or what they would even want with a 16 year old unless they can’t pull people their own age and want to prey on those more naive/vulnerable. I don’t care what people say, 16 and 19 is an inappropriate age gap, it would be ok and less suspicious if you were 20 and 23 but at this age there’s big differences in mentality.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (91)
22.03%
No (322)
77.97%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise