a 19 yr old guy texting me..should i be worried?

Watch
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Fartershop)
You and I must be about the same age. In hindsight, I can't say I agree with showing off 16/17 year olds in rags read by dirty old men, but yeah, things are now getting to the point of hysteria. Really, 16 and 19 is now a big deal to people wtf... :curious:

My grandfather met my nan when they were 17/15-almost 16 in 1951 - today he'd be labelled a paedo right off the bat.
This forum never used to be so conservative back in the day. I remember when I was like 22 a girl checking me out at a bus stop. She looked about 17 imo. It got me thinking, so later I asked on TSR their opinions on a 17 year old dating a 22 year old. Everyone who answered said it was ok.
If I asked that question today half the users reading it would probably start speed dialing interpol and try get me done for kiddy fiddling. Even though at that age people typically thought I was 17-19 visually. Mad times we're living in lol...
username5378306
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I think everyone is overreacting big time - it was never suggested the conversation was inappropriate. Besides he might just want to make some friends - a 3 year age gap is not crazy.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
nah a normal convo is fine with me too
he says good morning and good night...i found that a bit strange
Strange because he sounds polite?
At the end of the day you are clearly entertaining him and responding to his messages. You’ve not mentioned him saying anything inappropriate and so i don’t see what the issue is? And if there was an issue, you can block him. As i said before, it’s not that deep age wise.

Anyone saying otherwise is being ignorant. Say you was 16 and you have an 19 year old sibling/close cousin (or if you are 19 & they are 16), would you not have the same things in common? Could you not hold a conversation and have a good time together?

OP didn’t mention him being interested romantically & she also said he seems like a nice person.
Katzen
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Oh wow what an amazing person you are, how many brownie points would you like? What medal would you like me to get you?

You're not fooling anyone. Drop the nice guy persona and fake moral high ground. What that guy is doing is perfectly legal, and a 3 year gap doesn't matter, if there is friendship, love, respect, fun, kindness in the relationship. No one is hurting anyone else and it's all legal so do yourself a favour and shut up because the moral highground you tried to create yourself is very see-through.

In older days, people used to get MARRIED at 16, and most below 20. I don't see why ego-fragile people like yourself should get in the way of something harmless and special. Heck, one of my grandparents have a 6 year gap between them, it didn't cause them any trouble. You are reflecting your OWN beliefs onto other people. Maybe YOU are the creepy one.
Who’s this clown hiding behind the anonymous tag?
sunny.side.up
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Oh wow what an amazing person you are, how many brownie points would you like? What medal would you like me to get you?

You're not fooling anyone. Drop the nice guy persona and fake moral high ground. What that guy is doing is perfectly legal, and a 3 year gap doesn't matter, if there is friendship, love, respect, fun, kindness in the relationship. No one is hurting anyone else and it's all legal so do yourself a favour and shut up because the moral highground you tried to create yourself is very see-through.

In older days, people used to get MARRIED at 16, and most below 20. I don't see why ego-fragile people like yourself should get in the way of something harmless and special. Heck, one of my grandparents have a 6 year gap between them, it didn't cause them any trouble. You are reflecting your OWN beliefs onto other people. Maybe YOU are the creepy one.
whats your problem? everything he said is true. he is an adult man and she is a young girl. just because its only 3 years means nothing. the point is he is an adult man and she is still a child. you think thats ok? and if you do your the creep.
Anonymous #8
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by chloeebrown09)
whats your problem? everything he said is true. he is an adult man and she is a young girl. just because its only 3 years means nothing. the point is he is an adult man and she is still a child. you think thats ok? and if you do your the creep.
I don't agree with you at all. You are reflecting. Not everyone thinks the same way that you do. Not everyone was as immature as you were when you were 16. Two people innocently talking, all within legal means. Heck, they could bang tonight and it would be legal. You are trying to ruin other people's happiness because you are sad. Think about that.
sunny.side.up
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I don't agree with you at all. You are reflecting. Not everyone thinks the same way that you do. Not everyone was as immature as you were when you were 16. Two people innocently talking, all within legal means. Heck, they could bang tonight and it would be legal. You are trying to ruin other people's happiness because you are sad. Think about that.
ok thats your opinon. but your opinion is illegal. your right some people think right and others well, dont. i AM 16 years old and am not immature in any way. in fact im always complemented on how mature i am. two people talking is not illegal, no. but when he steps over those boundaries and is looking for a relationship it is illegal. and it would not be legal if they had sex tonight. again he is a grown man and she is a child. do you not understand that? i am not trying to ruin anyones life, the OP asked for advice and help. so if anything i am helping her. i am not sad nor desperate. great assumption though.
Katzen
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You’re the one reflecting with this whole “HURR DURR DROP THE ACT!”

Legal means. You know, in Germany it’s legal to **** 14 year old kids as an adult- so I suppose if you were to find yourself in Berlin you’d jump on this opportunity in the name of “uhhh, it’s LEGAL!” argument?

If you’re so high and mighty, why not remove your anonymous tag? Oh, but of course- you’re a creep so it’s not surprising your hiding your user tag.
sunny.side.up
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Katzen)
You’re the one reflecting with this whole “HURR DURR DROP THE ACT!”

Legal means. You know, in Germany it’s legal to **** 14 year old kids as an adult- so I suppose if you were to find yourself in Berlin you’d jump on this opportunity in the name of “uhhh, it’s LEGAL!” argument?

If you’re so high and mighty, why not remove your anonymous tag? Oh, but of course- you’re a creep so it’s not surprising your hiding your user tag.
exactly. :dry:
Katzen
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You are trying to ruin other people's happiness because you are sad. Think about that.
Pretty sure that’s the argument pedophiles use. But anyway, we know you’d f*ck little 14 year old girls in Germany because you’re all about that “UHH ITS LEGAL SO WHATS WRONG?” bull [email protected] argument.
Fartershop
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Pretty sure that’s the argument pedophiles use. But anyway, we know you’d f*ck little 14 year old girls in Germany because you’re all about that “UHH ITS LEGAL SO WHATS WRONG?” bull [email protected] argument.
If you want to raise the AOC to 18, bring it up to your MP.
noturhabibti
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by SuperiorPotato)
I- J a i l
pahahah ooop-
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
ok thats your opinon. but your opinion is illegal. your right some people think right and others well, dont. i AM 16 years old and am not immature in any way. in fact im always complemented on how mature i am. two people talking is not illegal, no. but when he steps over those boundaries and is looking for a relationship it is illegal. and it would not be legal if they had sex tonight. again he is a grown man and she is a child. do you not understand that? i am not trying to ruin anyones life, the OP asked for advice and help. so if anything i am helping her. i am not sad nor desperate. great assumption though.

Youre embarrassingly wrong. The person above is correct, and i doubt you’re ‘mature’ if you don’t even know basics. The legal age to have sex is 16. Therefore a 16 year old could have sex with anyone 16 years and above. From you are 16 you are deemed a young adult and regardless of you calling this 19 year old a grown man it makes no difference.

Always makes me laugh when people want to play the I’m a child card when it suits. How many 16 year olds watch 18+ movies? Play 18+ games? Have drank alcohol which is for over 18s? Smoked a cigarette? Cake themselves in makeup and try to dress & make themselves look older? But when you want a situation to sound alot worse then it is, it’s boohoo I’m a little child. Doesn’t work like that.

At the end of the day the OP has NEVER mentioned this guy messaging her sexually or anything. And there is NOTHING wrong or immoral about a 16 & 19 year old being friends. If you’re 16 and had a 19 year old sister does that mean you’d have nothing in common or couldn’t talk and be friends? Course not, so why is it an issue here? Because hes a male? So male and females cant be friends?

And more importantly as I said before if OP was bothered about the age gap, then she’d just block him. Maybe they should just make all social media platforms 18 and over and require passport ID verification to stop nonsense like this in the future.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
Why did your mind instantly jump to sex, age of consent and pedophiles? Clearly theres something wrong with YOUR mind. OP didn’t mention any of these things.
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You are spreading false information here. The age of consent is 16 in the UK so if they had sex it would be legal, doesn’t matter if it’s 16 and 19 or 16 and 50. The issue arises if they are someone in a position of power like teacher, doctor etc.
Bagarigak
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by eaAdams)
I think everyone is overreacting big time - it was never suggested the conversation was inappropriate. Besides he might just want to make some friends - a 3 year age gap is not crazy.
However, we are talking about teenagers here and not adults. Teenagers are still mentally developing. Therefore, a 3 year age gap is significant in this regard.

If it was about a 23 year old dating a 26 year old, then this wouldn't apply as they are both mature adults.

Call me controversial but that's how I feel about this.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Nobodyy)
However, we are talking about teenagers here and not adults. Teenagers are still mentally developing. Therefore, a 3 year age gap is significant in this regard.

If it was about a 23 year old dating a 26 year old, then this wouldn't apply as they are both mature adults.

Call me controversial but that's how I feel about this.
But what has any of that to got to do with them just talking and having a friendly conversation?
sunny.side.up
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Youre embarrassingly wrong. The person above is correct, and i doubt you’re ‘mature’ if you don’t even know basics. The legal age to have sex is 16. Therefore a 16 year old could have sex with anyone 16 years and above. From you are 16 you are deemed a young adult and regardless of you calling this 19 year old a grown man it makes no difference.

Always makes me laugh when people want to play the I’m a child card when it suits. How many 16 year olds watch 18+ movies? Play 18+ games? Have drank alcohol which is for over 18s? Smoked a cigarette? Cake themselves in makeup and try to dress & make themselves look older? But when you want a situation to sound alot worse then it is, it’s boohoo I’m a little child. Doesn’t work like that.

At the end of the day the OP has NEVER mentioned this guy messaging her sexually or anything. And there is NOTHING wrong or immoral about a 16 & 19 year old being friends. If you’re 16 and had a 19 year old sister does that mean you’d have nothing in common or couldn’t talk and be friends? Course not, so why is it an issue here? Because hes a male? So male and females cant be friends?

And more importantly as I said before if OP was bothered about the age gap, then she’d just block him. Maybe they should just make all social media platforms 18 and over and require passport ID verification to stop nonsense like this in the future.
1. i am very mature. and please don't try to tell me what i am and not. 2. i apoligize i like in the U.S. and the laws are different here, i did not know it was different in the U.K. yes i was wrong about that. 3. it DOES make a difference if someone is an adult and someone is a child. how would you feel if you had a daughter who was a child and slept with a grown man? im sure you wouldn't be happy about it. :noway: 4. it doesn't matter if she is playing the 'child card' or not she is a minor. and if you see nothing wrong with that, you have probably done the same sh*t, lets be honest. :flutter: quite frankly its disgusting 5. no, OP has not mentioned any sexual messaging, but she said he may be looking for a relationship (which indicates sex as well...obviously). there is not anything wrong with being friends, but obviously OP is asking for advice regarding this man. 6. and lastly you were not ever in the conversation between the other anon, so i dont know why you stuck your nose in it. it isnt your buisness and no one asked for your opionion. :dry: and obviously you know what you saying is somewhat wrong because your hiding behind anon as well.
sunny.side.up
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Bio 7)
You are spreading false information here. The age of consent is 16 in the UK so if they had sex it would be legal, doesn’t matter if it’s 16 and 19 or 16 and 50. The issue arises if they are someone in a position of power like teacher, doctor etc.
i apoligize. i was just informed that the laws are different in the U.K. i live in the U.S. and here you cannot have sex with an adult unles your 18. my bad :dong: but thats disgusting to even think about 16 and 50. :puke:that SHOULD be illegal.
Anonymous #9
Report 1 week ago
If you interact with him in person daily then maybe just try to distance yourself by ignoring him. if you don't and dont like his attention tell him you find it uncomfortable and have no interest, or ignore him or block him. hes obviously interested in you romantically.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (69)
21.1%
No (258)
78.9%

Watched Threads