and i have yet to-do more exams
im thinking of choosing Law at oxford but my grades are not enough lol
should i apply in the future at all?
Reply 1
To be honest, you'd be better looking eslewhere
Reply 2
Original post by Compost
To be honest, you'd be better looking eslewhere

But I still have 8 or more exams to do, so is there really no chance at all?
Plus IF theres a lockdown and your grades get wrongly marked but still get good A levels, do you think its possible to write in your personal statement that covid 19 disrupted it.
Original post by Iqra2001/
right now i got an
A in english lit
B in IT
B in maths

The average number of 8/9s/A* of Oxford law applicants is 5.2. The average 8/9s of successful law applicants for Oxford is 8 or 9 8/9s.

You would need 8 x A* to apply really, so you need a clean sweep of top grades for the remainder of your exams.

As for Covid, that has been disruptive to everyone, so that would not count as an excuse.
Reply 4
right now i got an
A in english lit
B in IT
B in maths

I don't quite understand what system of exams/grades you're using, but it seems to me that you don't have your final grades yet.

The standard A level offer for Law at Oxford is AAA; if you end up with A levels of ABB overall, then the answer is no.
Reply 5
People think that you need AAAs to get accepted which is definitely true but you also must compete with the rest of thousands of students who will have outstanding grades. Therefore, personal statement would have to be filled with clear vision (your interest is shown e.g. through work experience, reading a book, doing EPQ is a good thing as well and other activities). Plus law is very competitive subject so if you are not at your great or you believe that you won't be able to achieve AAA or beyond then yeahh I would also think of looking elsewhere.
But what I can tell you is that my friend has studied law at oxford for first year and now she is transferring to Leeds because she's been visiting her best friend and she really liked the atmosphere there.
You do not have to aim for Oxbridge just to be recognisable because trust me other unis are good as well and one of them is Leeds. Look around and see it for yourself
Original post by vickkyyxx
People think that you need AAAs to get accepted which is definitely true but you also must compete with the rest of thousands of students who will have outstanding grades. Therefore, personal statement would have to be filled with clear vision (your interest is shown e.g. through work experience, reading a book, doing EPQ is a good thing as well and other activities). Plus law is very competitive subject so if you are not at your great or you believe that you won't be able to achieve AAA or beyond then yeahh I would also think of looking elsewhere.
But what I can tell you is that my friend has studied law at oxford for first year and now she is transferring to Leeds because she's been visiting her best friend and she really liked the atmosphere there.
You do not have to aim for Oxbridge just to be recognisable because trust me other unis are good as well and one of them is Leeds. Look around and see it for yourself

Also OP would need to ace the LNAT and make a great impression at interview.
Reply 7
Original post by Oxford Mum
Also OP would need to ace the LNAT and make a great impression at interview.

Ohhhh yeahhh I thought I mentioned them. so yeahhh look for other unis
Reply 8
Original post by vickkyyxx

What did your friend get for her GCSE?
And A level πŸ™‚
Reply 9
right now i got an
A in english lit
B in IT
B in maths

are these GCSEs? Are you currently in year 11?
Or are you in year 12 and these are your predicted Alevel grades?
Reply 10
What did your friend get for her GCSE?
And A level πŸ™‚

4 A* the rest As (GCSE)
(A level) A*AA
Reply 11
Original post by 2500_2
are these GCSEs? Are you currently in year 11?
Or are you in year 12 and these are your predicted Alevel grades?

it gcse
yep year 11
it gcse
yep year 11

In this case, focus on getting the best possible grades in your remaining exams. Realistically, you want majority A*/8/9. Possible to get in without this, but harder.

Quick Reply

Latest