Surviving Sixth Form - A Y12 GYG

Watch this thread
BioRabbit
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I’m BioRabbit and I’m starting year 12 this year. I started writing a GYG last year for my GCSEs and never got around to actually posting it, so
I’m already doing better than last year with this one :grin:
I’m staying on at my secondary school for sixth form, but quite a few of my friends have gone to colleges or started apprenticeships, so the next 2 years will be quite strange without them because I’ve spent years with them.
However, one of my best friends who moved schools a few years ago came back to do her a-levels at my sixth form and I can’t wait to see her again, so it’s not all bad!

GCSEs
Spoiler:
Show

Biology - 9
Chemistry - 9
Physics - 9
Maths - 9
English Literature - 9
History - 9
English Language - 8
RE - 8
Spanish - 7
ICT BTEC - Level 2 Distinction

A-Levels
Spoiler:
Show

AQA Biology
AQA Chemistry
AQA Maths

These were my favourite subjects at GCSES and I want to study veterinary medicine at uni, which is why I’ve chosen them. I originally planned to take history as a 4th option, but it clashed with maths and after trying the transition work I realised 4 options would just be too much for me and I was better off focusing on just 3 subjects.

Sixth Form Preparation
Spoiler:
Show

I did a lot of relaxing during lockdown. I hadn’t been as organised as I should have been during GCSEs and procrastinated a lot, so I was very very stressed out trying to revise and make notes in the run up to the exams. I was so relieved when exams were cancelled and took full advantage of the time off school to watch netflix, read, bake and reorganise myself for the new year.
I didn’t do much preparation for sixth form apart from sorting out my folders for each subject, doing the transition work my school set and watching advice videos. I probably should have read over the topics I struggled with, but I don’t think it’ll be a big deal because we’ll be covering some of the GCSE topics we need for A-level in the first weeks of school.

Goals For The Year
Spoiler:
Show

• Exercise everyday
  • Make my notes after every lesson
  • Read at least 1 book a month
  • Update this every friday
  • Find work experience
  • Procrastinate less
  • Use my frees productively

Update Posts
Spoiler:
Show

Tags
Spoiler:
Show

If anyone wants to be tagged when I post updates, feel free to ask!

Last edited by BioRabbit; 1 year ago
medicalsupernova
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Wow! Well done on those GCSE grades! :woo:Can I have a tag please?
clouddbubbles
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
hey please tag me
Becca216
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Wow! They are some very good gcse grades :eek:

Best of luck for the year ahead :woo: Can I have a tag please?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (146)
42.2%
Not yet, but I will soon (63)
18.21%
No (137)
39.6%

Watched Threads