ameliaaaaax
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,

Started year 11 this week and am starting to revise for my mocks in Nov.

How did you revise for English literature and English language?

I’m doing edexcel so i need to revise of mice and men, a view from the bridge and macbeth along with the anthology texts. i don’t need to revise poetry because it’s been omitted now bc of covid.

I don’t know where to start with these subjects in regards to revision so just looking for some tips and advice
Last edited by ameliaaaaax; 1 year ago
MadelineHarper
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
As far as English language goes, I’d just say practice with as many past papers as you can get your hands on. If you’ve been taught methods for answering questions then sure, go over them and familiarise yourself with the technique, but really past papers/practice questions are the way to go.

For Literature I did a few mind maps or diagrams regarding themes/ideas etc. in my novel and drama text. Of course, it all depends on how you learn best, but I found limiting my notes to a few key statements and examples on a mind map helped me remember them better. I did the same for characters too, with information on their personality and relationships, and a few good quotes to memorise for the exam. Again, past exam questions are good as you get used to formatting your response (do this timed so you know how long you have for planning and actually writing). These are harder to self-mark though so hopefully your teacher will provide lesson time for this.

Sorry if this is a bit ramble and vague, I got A* in language and literature GCSE so message me if you need anything
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
english lang- exam practice and revision of key terminology.
don't go overboard w your english lit notes, make sure they're condensed and not waffle. i made notes on characters and themes and put my quotes on flashcards. do plenty of exam practice in various conditions ie. timed, untimed, closed book, open book and hand to your teacher for feedback.
gcsesppp
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi, has anyone done the English language igcse paper, which were sent to schools by Edexcel this year? What anthology extract came up? Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
2.86%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
15.71%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (11)
15.71%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (8)
11.43%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (26)
37.14%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (12)
17.14%

Watched Threads