How to start my personal statement

Watch
ItsStarLordMan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I have written my first three drafts fir my personal statement, but I don't really like how it sounds and my first bit is kind of an exaggeration/lie, which I obviously need to get rid of. I want to start by saying how i found my love for career after doing some volunteering but i don't really know how to get it off the ground.

Any help is really appreciated
Eaphysics
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What course is it?
ItsStarLordMan
Rep:
?
(Original post by Eaphysics)
What course is it?
Physiotherapy
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It doesn't need to be really unique - just make it honest and briefly introduce why you want to be a physiotherapist (over other healthcare professions, so make it specific)
Eaphysics
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
^ say what made interested in the course, what you enjoy about it, any experiences you’ve had, anything you’ve learnt in school that relates to your course and or that has given you a better understanding of it
boredom07
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
A key point that helped me a lot with writing my personal statement was to reflect on your experience and say what you learned about you and your suitability for the course you’re applying for.
ItsStarLordMan
Rep:
?
(Original post by Interrobang)
It doesn't need to be really unique - just make it honest and briefly introduce why you want to be a physiotherapist (over other healthcare professions, so make it specific)
(Original post by Eaphysics)
^ say what made interested in the course, what you enjoy about it, any experiences you’ve had, anything you’ve learnt in school that relates to your course and or that has given you a better understanding of it
(Original post by boredom07)
A key point that helped me a lot with writing my personal statement was to reflect on your experience and say what you learned about you and your suitability for the course you’re applying for.
Thank you all so much!! If I upload a draft of my statement on this thread tonight, would anyone mind giving it a read and some pointers? Xx
5hyl33n
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ItsStarLordMan)
Thank you all so much!! If I upload a draft of my statement on this thread tonight, would anyone mind giving it a read and some pointers? Xx
Do not upload any part of your personal statement on this thread.
There is a private forum on TSR in which you can upload your personal statement and someone with expertise will read over it for you...

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=134

Bear in mind, you can only send it once so make sure you have looked over it a few times and got some other opinions before submitting for a final overview.
ItsStarLordMan
Rep:
?
(Original post by 5hyl33n)
Do not upload any part of your personal statement on this thread.
There is a private forum on TSR in which you can upload your personal statement and someone with expertise will read over it for you...

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=134

Bear in mind, you can only send it once so make sure you have looked over it a few times and got some other opinions before submitting for a final overview.
Oh ok thank you. Is that because of plagiarism or what?
5hyl33n
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Oh ok thank you. Is that because of plagiarism or what?
Yeah, it’s because of plagiarism.
ItsStarLordMan
Rep:
?
Yeah, it’s because of plagiarism.
Ah thank youuu. You've been very helpful
5hyl33n
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Ah thank youuu. You've been very helpful
No problem! Good luck with your personal statement!
ItsStarLordMan
Rep:
?
No problem! Good luck with your personal statement!
Thanks! Good luck with whatever you need luck for 😂
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (29)
27.88%
Less motivated (75)
72.12%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed