The Student Room Group

dentist

is Biology, Chemistry and Geography a good combination for dentistry?
listen. im gonna get this cleared up but it may be contested. as long as you have biology, chemistry and another facilitating subject( e.g, english, humanities, languages,etc) then you should be good. as long as u feel geography is a good choice as it interests u. cos if Ur not interested, how do u expect to do well enough in the exams to actually go into dentistry. now, there are loads of people who can claim that they hated a subject and got an A* on it for A-levels, but a majority of students who hate something wont do well in it regardless. they're just anomalies in a large range of statistics of grades, as harsh as it may seem.
It should be fine! But I’ll tag @Mesopotamian. just in case there are exceptions or something :biggrin:
Original post by Chopinnocturne31
It should be fine! But I’ll tag @Mesopotamian. just in case there are exceptions or something :biggrin:

Agreed, those subjects are fine
Original post by kandor15
listen. im gonna get this cleared up but it may be contested. as long as you have biology, chemistry and another facilitating subject( e.g, english, humanities, languages,etc) then you should be good. as long as u feel geography is a good choice as it interests u. cos if Ur not interested, how do u expect to do well enough in the exams to actually go into dentistry. now, there are loads of people who can claim that they hated a subject and got an A* on it for A-levels, but a majority of students who hate something wont do well in it regardless. they're just anomalies in a large range of statistics of grades, as harsh as it may seem.

Thank you so much, this has really helped me.
Original post by kandor15

Original post by Mesopotamian.
Agreed, those subjects are fine

What Gcse requirements are needed for dentistry?
Original post by alishahussain05

What Gcse requirements are needed for dentistry?

It varies for different dental schools, the details are on their website
A typical requirement would be 3As in bio/chem/ other subject

Quick Reply

Latest