vizakl
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I am planning on learning a new language given by the fact that I now have a lot of time to do so since I was kinda left with no option but to begin my course for uni next year.
The languages that I had in mind where:
French - I learned french from year 7 and then took it again as GCSE since I really enjoyed it and I got a B in it. However, I've done access to a levels and then levels so 3 years have passed since I learned French and I forgot some of the things but I was thinking of going back but i am unsure.
Spanish - *never studied* I looove how it sounds hahaha. But also it's not a hard language to learn in comparison to like Arabic or Chinese (in my own opinion). Plus I do watch sometimes series/movies that are Spanish. I also saw that there are a lot more resources for Spanish (for free) than French e.g. youtube videos, textbooks etc plus I also have GCSE Spanish complete revision guide thanks to my friend when she offered it to give it to me so I just took it.
Korean - yes I might be cliché but I do watch a lot of k-dramas (actually for about 6 years now), I prefer their story-lines and for some reason I love how their language sounds and find Korea interesting especially their history. But with Korean there's much less sources. Like for Spanish and French I could boy textbooks for either GCSE or A level

I want to learn the language and actually use it for both my enjoyment as well as later on in future in work, whenever that'll be possible.
Last edited by vizakl; 7 months ago
シャチ69
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Learn Languages that are actually going to be useful or the languages you are just interested in. Best thing to do is to actually move to the country and learn it's respective language.

IMO Chinese Mandarin, Japanese, German and Spanish are definitely good ones to learn for job opportunities.
vizakl
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by シャチ69)
Learn Languages that are actually going to be useful or the languages you are just interested in. Best thing to do is to actually move to the country and learn it's respective language.

IMO Chinese Mandarin, Japanese, German and Spanish are definitely good ones to learn for job opportunities.
what do you mean by IMO
Scottishlad888
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Chinese not long till they run the world
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (31)
11.36%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (153)
56.04%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (41)
15.02%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (42)
15.38%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (6)
2.2%

Watched Threads