The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL bartlett application 2021

does anyone know if bartlett accepts two alevels and one btec?

Scroll to see replies

University College London, University of London
University College London
London
I applied for Architecture BSc at Bartlett and I just had my interview few days ago. I have seen that people got at least one question coming from the interviewer but they haven’t ask me anything. I was presenting my portfolio and my task and that was it. I was the only one who asked questions. Also, I didn’t have to write any statement before the interview. How should I take that? Has anyone got their offers?
Original post by Anonymous
I applied for Architecture BSc at Bartlett and I just had my interview few days ago. I have seen that people got at least one question coming from the interviewer but they haven’t ask me anything. I was presenting my portfolio and my task and that was it. I was the only one who asked questions. Also, I didn’t have to write any statement before the interview. How should I take that? Has anyone got their offers?

Hi, may I ask when did you submit your task?
Original post by elena.gyy
Hi, may I ask when did you submit your task?

Hi, I sent it one week before Christmas .
Hi, I sent it one week before Christmas .

Thanks, have you heard from them after the interview?
Thanks, have you heard from them after the interview?

No, I am still waiting for an answer.
Hi, I had my Bartlett interview for the MSc course and I didn't really get any questions either, the only one I was asked was "why architecture and why the Bartlett".
I felt like I wasn't able to showcase my ability and interest at all - it was a very opinion-based question.
The rest was just about my portfolio and even then I couldn't really show off my interest.

I thought that at least they would ask me about my personal statement
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by teedlombardi
Hi, I had my Bartlett interview for the MSc course and I didn't really get any questions either, the only one I was asked was "why architecture and why the Bartlett".
I felt like I wasn't able to showcase my ability and interest at all - it was a very opinion-based question.
The rest was just about my portfolio and even then I couldn't really show off my interest.

Hi! I wasn’t asked any question at all! Not even the usuals "why architecture and why the Bartlett". I was talking the interviewer through my portfolio and the task. Everything went excellent. At the end I asked if she wants to ask me any question and she said in a very happy way that my portfolio answered everything. I felt really good after that but now I am starting to feel worried.

I prepared myself to answer all sorts of question. I hope it will be fine and I am worried for nothing.
Hi! I wasn’t asked any question at all! Not even the usuals "why architecture and why the Bartlett". I was talking the interviewer through my portfolio and the task. Everything went excellent. At the end I asked if she wants to ask me any question and she said in a very happy way that my portfolio answered everything. I felt really good after that but now I am starting to feel worried.

I prepared myself to answer all sorts of question. I hope it will be fine and I am worried for nothing.

i just feel a bit stupid, but i always feel like that
i just feel a bit stupid, but i always feel like that

Why?
You got an interview, that’s amazing.

I only feel scared. I am an arty person and my portfolio was art based with only few architectural pieces. I also feel that my task wasn’t brave enough. I am watching portfolios and tasks on youtube and I feel terrified by how creative they are. I am praying for them to consider me.

Where did you apply except UCL?
Why?

I only feel scared. I am an arty person and my portfolio was art based with only few architectural pieces. I also feel that my task wasn’t brave enough. I am watching portfolios and tasks on youtube and I feel terrified by how creative they are. I am praying for them to consider me.

By the way, did they ask you to send a statement only for Bartlett besides the personal statement from UCAS?

Hi, I got the interview invitation yesterday. I am really worrying about that right now cuz i’m not a talkative person. May I ask how long was your interview? Is the time same for everyone? Cheers
By the way, did they ask you to send a statement only for Bartlett besides the personal statement from UCAS?

No they said that just my personal statement was good enough because I was quite specific. If they haven’t asked you for one and you’ve gotten an interview they most likely won’t ask you to write another one
Why?

Nono same, my portfolio was really arty as I haven’t really come from a formal art background (didn’t do alevel or gcse art).
I’m sure you’ll be fine - it doesn’t matter what you do for the assessment/put in the portfolio as long as it tells them about you and your interests. They tend to drift away from specifically architectural portfolios anyway.

I was a Cambridge applicant but I turned them down half way through the application process - wasn’t my cup of tea. I’ve currently got places at leeds and edinburgh.

Aside from that I’ve applied to quite a few art foundation courses in London
Hi, I got the interview invitation yesterday. I am really worrying about that right now cuz i’m not a talkative person. May I ask how long was your interview? Is the time same for everyone? Cheers

Nono don’t worry! I have diagnosed social anxiety and general anxiety and they were really gentle and kind about it. They said they don’t assess you as rigorously as you think because they understand that everyone is nervous.

My interview was roughly over 30minutes and was mainly just for them to get to know me. Nothing academic at all really - just about why the subject and work in your portfolio is important to you.
Nono don’t worry! I have diagnosed social anxiety and general anxiety and they were really gentle and kind about it. They said they don’t assess you as rigorously as you think because they understand that everyone is nervous.

My interview was roughly over 30minutes and was mainly just for them to get to know me. Nothing academic at all really - just about why the subject and work in your portfolio is important to you.

Thanks so much. May I ask what kind of questions did they ask you? Or were you presenting the whole time instead?
Thanks so much. May I ask what kind of questions did they ask you? Or were you presenting the whole time instead?

Hiya, I was given these questions for my interview... I thought I'll jump in and tell you that they asked the general question like why you wanna be an architect? and why do you wanna join UCL? but she asked me two other questions as well which were what architect do you recently like or what architecture have you visited recently that you enjoy? and What book have you read recently? Be sure to ask yourself all type of question they might ask a question that I wasn't given... Hopefully, these could help you pass your interview... you will rock this...
Reply 18
Hey guys,

I just had my interview for ucl and I have no idea how to feel about it. I talked through my portfolio, however I wasn’t asked anything about my task or personal statement. My interviewer asked me about my hobbies, why ucl, am I interested in photography, and that’s about it.

My interview lasted for approximately 15 minutes, and it left me a bit worried. I felt like I didn’t have the chance to showcase who I was :/ Has anyone else had the same experience as me ?? I feel a bit bad
(edited 3 years ago)
Hiya everyone!I sent my application off mid-October...they asked for the Bartlett task and I completed and uploaded that mid-November....but still no decision from UCL. They keep in emailing me, inviting me to virtual events, but no update on my application. I guess/maybe it’s good that I’m on their Bartlett mailing list?! But I don’t know how to feel about how long it’s taking for them to give a decision/next steps (if any)?!?! Basically, I’m freaking out!!! I’ve heard a rumour that their decision process is done from the north of the country down?! Sounds a bit/ a lot stupid for that rumour to be true...but if it is true...I’m all the way down in the very south!! So maybe that’s why it’s taking so long?! Crazy thoughts going through my head! Haha! I’m also thinking that my application has got lost/skipped over accidentally?! Or maybe, I’m in the ‘maybe pile’ not a definite yes (with an invitation to interview guaranteed), nor I’m not a definite no?! Agh! I even applied with my awarded grades (finished college/sixth form in summer 2020)...I don’t know what to do?!?! Anyone in the same position? Any advice? Should I follow up with an email to admissions or just wait a little longer? Obviously covid has caused delays, but this long of a wait?!?! Ahhhhhh....please help a girl out!!!! Haha! Also sorry for the essay of a paragraph!! Haha!

Quick Reply

Latest