The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL bartlett application 2021

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Meena_2002
I applied with my 2020 grades and I'm still waiting on a repsone. Deadline is May 20th so I am very much on edge. I'm in the south as well so maybe we will hear soon.

same here... I have to prepare for my exams so hope to hear soon! Good luck to everyone!
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
I applied with my 2020 grades and I'm still waiting on a repsone. Deadline is May 20th so I am very much on edge. I'm in the south as well so maybe we will hear soon.

I really really hope we hear soon! The wait is agonising 😩
15 days left and still no answer. Did this happen the past years?
Original post by Anonymous
15 days left and still no answer. Did this happen the past years?

we should hear back soon- when was your interview?
we should hear back soon- when was your interview?

27th of Jan
I got a reply today it was unsuccessful. Sad but we move on. Best wishes everyone else.
Reply 126
I got a reply today it was unsuccessful. Sad but we move on. Best wishes everyone else.

I am so sorry to hear this! Same for me. But I have not received any reply. Just checked my UCAS.
The interview lasts about 20 minutes. The time really flys. You mainly have to talk about your portfolio and explain the concepts to the pieces. They asked me two questions. One was why I was interested in studying at the Bartlett and the other was to tell them what interests I have outside of school. Then at the end you have the option of asking them a few questions too. I had my interview last week.
Original post by AnAlexxx
The interview lasts about 20 minutes. The time really flys. You mainly have to talk about your portfolio and explain the concepts to the pieces. They asked me two questions. One was why I was interested in studying at the Bartlett and the other was to tell them what interests I have outside of school. Then at the end you have the option of asking them a few questions too. I had my interview last week.

Sorry this is a mistake no idea why this popped up here ....must have accidentally transferred ?..I had my interview back in February and have not heard any thing since but my status has changed to being processed by admissions
I had the exact same thing, I submitted my task and I haven't gotten any further information on interviews or personal statements or anything. at this point I have no idea what to think. its quite inconvenient that I didn't hear any feedback, even if my application was declined it would still be nice to know rather than waiting and wondering about when they will email me.
Their system has been down for the last few days. This is why there haven’t been any offers since like Friday. Be patient, people. You’ll get a reply by the UCAS deadline, which is in 9 days. Focus on your exams!

The hard truth. If you didn’t get an interview, it’s not likely you’ll get an offer. It’s possible (for example, maybe if you had an offer last year) but not likely. They also won’t give feedback; most unis won’t. Hundreds of thousands apply to courses around the country yearly. They really don’t have the resources to give feedback on applications; ask your peers and past and current student.
Original post by sarahpw99
I had the exact same thing, I submitted my task and I haven't gotten any further information on interviews or personal statements or anything. at this point I have no idea what to think. its quite inconvenient that I didn't hear any feedback, even if my application was declined it would still be nice to know rather than waiting and wondering about when they will email me.

Someone on another chat (gnewman02) emailed UCL about the delay and was told that they are still interviewing.... so there’s still hope. Check out the info on “Architectural applications 2021”
Also I was not asked to do another statement before my interview. They only ask you if they want some clarification.
Someone on another chat (gnewman02) emailed UCL about the delay and was told that they are still interviewing.... so there’s still hope. Check out the info on “Architectural applications 2021”
Also I was not asked to do another statement before my interview. They only ask you if they want some clarification.

Sorry it’s on “Architecture Applicants 2021”

They stopped the interviews at the end of April. The UCAS deadline for all UK universities is May 20th. They won't be doing interviews 9 days before the deadline. The only interviews they are doing is for the postgraduate degrees.
Original post by 42414d46
They stopped the interviews at the end of April. The UCAS deadline for all UK universities is May 20th. They won't be doing interviews 9 days before the deadline. The only interviews they are doing is for the postgraduate degrees.

Ummm...that’s not what the email said...maybe there’s just miscommunication (due to working remotely?! Idk?!). Anyways, for anyone interested, here is the email that I received...

“Thank you for your email. The Bartlett are still interviewing prospective students. However, this academic year, UCL has received a high volume of applications and because of this many of the decisions have been delayed. Please bear with us. The admissions team are aware of the stress this is causing and aim to have decisions relayed to prospective students by the deadline date stated by UCAS - 20 May 2021.”
I’ve got rejected
I’ve got rejected

so sorry to hear this- did they explain why?
I’ve got rejected

Sorry to hear that but at least now you can proceed with your other options or think about reapplying next year. It’s been a really tough year that’s created extra problems across the board. Good luck with your future !!
so sorry to hear this- did they explain why?

No, I can’t believe they made me wait 4 months and then give me a rejection without a reason.
Sorry to hear that but at least now you can proceed with your other options or think about reapplying next year. It’s been a really tough year that’s created extra problems across the board. Good luck with your future !!

Thank you. I wish all of you good luck in the future!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending