Danash786
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I’m studying biomedical engineering at Aston university and will be starting the 1st year of the course soon. I was just wondering if any 2nd/3rd or if even any graduates could give me any advice or tips and tricks for first year. I’m pretty nervous, because not much people know or even do this course so I don’t want to do a degree where the job market is awful.
PurpleCat4
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Me too, I’m starting first year at city university. I would love some tips and advice.
Aston University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Danash786)
I’m studying biomedical engineering at Aston university and will be starting the 1st year of the course soon. I was just wondering if any 2nd/3rd or if even any graduates could give me any advice or tips and tricks for first year. I’m pretty nervous, because not much people know or even do this course so I don’t want to do a degree where the job market is awful.
Hi there,

Congratulations on starting at Aston! I'm sure you'll love it here.

I don't study biomedical engineering, but as a biomedical science graduate from Aston, I'm sure I can share some helpful tips.
With regards to your course material, always make sure you're well acquainted with your reading lists and learning objectives. They're very important to consolidate your knowledge and ensure you're retaining the relevant information from lectures. Also, I'll encourage you to always reach out to lecturers in lectures or via email if you're confused about something, it never hurts to ask.

Utilize all the resources Aston has to offer and I hope you enjoy your first year.

*Ethel
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (56)
17.28%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (92)
28.4%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (121)
37.35%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (44)
13.58%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.4%

Watched Threads