GPs aren't open?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I want to have a rant.

I seriously don't understand why doctor surgeries are not open. Banks, offices, restaurants are all open with plastic screens and PPE but why are doctors not opened. They refuse to see you and even worse, delegated prescription collection services and repeat reordering to pharmacies. Pharmacies stayed open from the start when cases were spiking. GPs put loads of pressure on pharmacies and yet the public abuse members of staff and don't receive any respect from the community.

With them being closed, the public still respect doctors massively, while pharmacy teams have been working late (and I mean late from 8.30am to 8pm) just to catch up with the usual workload on top of new government contracts and GPs tasks. I just feel like the public neglects and take pharmacists for granted.

That is all.
Scottishlad888
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
They are open or call 111
becausethenight
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
GPs are open, just offering more phone/virtual appts?
GP surgeries remained open for all of the pandemic, they just didn't have as many in-person services.
Last edited by becausethenight; 1 week ago
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by becausethenight)
they just didn't have in-person services.
They did - they could still arrange to see people face to face if it was deemed necessary
becausethenight
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by black tea)
They did - they could still arrange to see people face to face if it was deemed necessary
Thanks for clarifying that Edited my poor phrasing!
wastedcuriosity
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
They are open...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (1)
20%
Less motivated (4)
80%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed