Stress about A-Level subjects I’m taking

Watch
man_lykemo
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I just entered year 12 and I’m studying maths, further maths, economics, and psychology. So far, I enjoy maths, further maths and economics but not so sure about psychology. However, my sister studied psychology in A-level and said it was an easy A*. She also told me that people in her year group said economics was the hardest A-level which kinda freaked me out because I don’t know if I’m gonna pass it.

I received a grade 8 in GCSE maths this year and so I searched up how hard further maths is and it said it was the hardest A-Level, had intense content and an immense workload which also kinda scares me because I don’t know if I’ll pass it.

Could anyone please give me advice on what the hell im supposed to do because I want to drop one A-Level (considering psychology) but then I’m scared the combination maths, further maths and economics will be way too hard.

Anonymous 34773
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Drop psychology, that way you can focus on your other 3 A levels. Don’t stress over them other three a levels put your head down, revise a few hours a day you will be fine
katie.lauxoxo
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yeah, I agree with the person above. Or if ur college allows u to only do AS level and drop the A level in second year of psychology, maybe you could do that? Just make sure you prepare and plan your revision well, I think thats the key to doing well in A levels and makes revision less stressful
Incede
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by man_lykemo)
I just entered year 12 and I’m studying maths, further maths, economics, and psychology. So far, I enjoy maths, further maths and economics but not so sure about psychology. However, my sister studied psychology in A-level and said it was an easy A*. She also told me that people in her year group said economics was the hardest A-level which kinda freaked me out because I don’t know if I’m gonna pass it.

I received a grade 8 in GCSE maths this year and so I searched up how hard further maths is and it said it was the hardest A-Level, had intense content and an immense workload which also kinda scares me because I don’t know if I’ll pass it.

Could anyone please give me advice on what the hell im supposed to do because I want to drop one A-Level (considering psychology) but then I’m scared the combination maths, further maths and economics will be way too hard.
Hi, although I haven't say my exam, I find economics as one of the easier A-levels.
What are your plans for uni? If you want to apply for something like maths/physics/engineering/computer science/economics at a top uni then stick with further maths otherwise it might be worth dropping as it definitely is one of the hardest A-levels. It's hard to tell what you should drop at this point unless you know what you want to do in future/at uni. You could carry on taking all 4 until you've decided what you want to do, then choose what to drop later down the line.
man_lykemo
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Incede)
Hi, although I haven't say my exam, I find economics as one of the easier A-levels.
What are your plans for uni? If you want to apply for something like maths/physics/engineering/computer science/economics at a top uni then stick with further maths otherwise it might be worth dropping as it definitely is one of the hardest A-levels. It's hard to tell what you should drop at this point unless you know what you want to do in future/at uni. You could carry on taking all 4 until you've decided what you want to do, then choose what to drop later down the line.
Hi,
I decided I wanted to do maths at uni and ultimately take the maths route since GCSE. I searched up if I need further maths at A-Level to do maths in uni and it said the top universities would usually want further maths from you to do maths at uni or would prioritise the person with further maths over the person with normal maths.
Last edited by man_lykemo; 2 weeks ago
Incede
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by man_lykemo)
Hi,
I decided I wanted to do maths at uni and ultimately take the maths route since GCSE. I searched up if I need further maths at A-Level to do maths in uni and it said the top universities would usually want further maths from you to do maths at uni or would prioritise the person with further maths over the person with normal maths.
Oh, that makes your decision easy then. You can happily drop psychology. Or carry on the subject up to a point where you feel like you can't manage the workload and drop it then. If you want to do maths at uni then most unis will require/prefer further maths, although it'll only benefit you if you want to do it for a degree so don't drop it. Maths, further maths and economics won't be too hard if you enjoy maths
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (55)
20.45%
No (214)
79.55%

Watched Threads